Users are complaining about "shadow banning" by Twitter. Basically, the user finds that hashtags they posted are filtered out but this is not clear to them.
I haven't personally experienced anything like that but this is something I pay attention to.
What do you think about website admins behaving like that? The worst thing that can happen is websites getting hold of information that require certain privileges and using it against them.
dont expect anything from them. they just care about the money, not you or your privacy or whatever.
I try not to think about privacy on Twitter. I worry about exposure of tweets and discussion. Yes, privacy is important but so is the act of being a normal user. Normalcy is an idea that has been superseded in social media. There is almost no human to human interaction anymore. The second a person says something that can create a rival argument, they get blocked or muted by the pathetic fragile people in the world. People don't like being yes men. Not all the people we know are fun and interesting unless they are mega celebrities with a reputation that can draw in millions of people. Most ordinary people need to feel like they are part of a community even one that doesn't agree with everything they like. I wanted to tell this to Twitter but there is no way to complain because Twitter doesn't respond to individuals, they respond to governments and large institutions. People are getting shadow-banned because TWITTER has decided they are not wanted in discussions. It's a 300 million+ user website that behaves like it's a tiny website. Users who join the website will find a lot of people on there but it will feel like they are in an alternate universe and you are stuck in a tiny website.
Shadow banning is real and it happens on twitter, facebook and youtube. They tend to only do this to conservatives.