Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MTG or Dnd?

Started by ChronoPlays [2310718] on in Hobbies & Interests.

41 replies · 324 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

ChronoPlays [2310718]
Anyone like Magic The Gathering or Dungeons & Dragons? If you like Dnd say your character in a campaign your in!

Name: Varis
Race:High Elf
Class:Druid
Level:5
Fictifs [2327383]
Magic the gathering , i have a Rats Deck , not a winning deck but fun , when i get many rat cards.


Name: Pollux
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue
Level: 3
Pink_Penguin [2233311]
In MTG I my favorite color is blue. I have a mostly blue with a few black control deck. Contains cards that allow me to control land types of all players, steal control of creatures, artifacts, and enchantments, let's me practically stack my library as I see fit all the while being able to view my opponents hand, and of course the counter spells. My blue moonfolk deck pretty much works the same. The blue ninja deck is kinda neat too. I could go on for a good while longer on this subject and all the different decks I have but I won't.

DnD is fun too, but it's been so long since I've played I have so many characters, couldn't even say which was the last one I use. In all I like both games equally.
Cavelli [1784937]
I actually play and love BOTH! haha. I have a casual Infect deck and a very old Landy with Dingus Egg combo

I play in a DnD homebrew campaign, but it's been weeks since we gathered.

Name: Sir Vara-Vara
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 4
Dogsbreath [2078012]
I'm an old D&D player - been playing on and off for over 40 years! I currently have a halfing paladin character who kicks some serious ankle...
Tachikaze [2363334]
I'm a D&D player, as well as a DM for a party of my own. I honestly can't say who my favorite character is between my bard (I named him Barry McCockinner, it's great), warlock, and ranger, but generally I like to play my ranger more.

Name: Aeglos
Race: Aereni Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Level: 6
Hospitalize [1065848]
I play Pathfinder--which is essentially DnD, for those who didn't know. I don't currently have a group, but I am putting one together. My character's name is gonna be, "Oh great and powerful DM."
KylarThorne [2132145]
I prefer DnD over MTG. I have friends who play MTG but I just couldn’t get into it.


I was in a campaign for over a year but I ended up quitting because too many people were invited to play over time and it just got too hectic with over 10 people in the group. Pretty much rage quit because it had got to where the group would decide what my character was going to do and wouldn’t let me play my character.


Name: Durgash
Race: Half-orc
Class: Fighter
Level: 10
KermodeBear [2011760]
D&D and other tabletop RPGs are fantastic. I started with D&D 2nd Edition, moved on to WhiteWolf's World of Darkness properties, wandered to D&D 3.5 when in college, lept to Pathfinder when that was released, got annoyed with people cheesing the hell out of the prestige class system, and started experimenting with things like FATE / Fudge, 13th Age, and homebrew systems.

Currently playing 5E game as a female gnoll barbarian named Gyr Throatripper, who was sold to a slaver when she was a little pup and then raised in illegal gladiator pits. An unknown benefactor bought her freedom. I had intended to have her pursue slavers, but the current DM is very much the Modules on Rails type so sadly I don't think that will ever materialize.
Nightmare [1637448]
I love both, i played mtg for years from champions of kamaauwa or w.e through to innastrad.

DnD is great because of how open it can be but ive never been able to find a group nearby enough to comsistantly play.

Currently working on my own dnd world, and diving into dnd podcasts like "Not another dnd podcast" and "critical roll" learning as i go. Eventually getting into becoming a true DM for my world. But right now I'm listening to great DMs as they work their magic. Going to get into 4th and 5th since i like them both.

I know 4th has its haters but it is simple and different in a good way imo.

3.5 was an elf druid only got to level 4 before we all got girlfriends in highschool, the bane of most groups at that age.
Mary [2161411]
In MTG I have a 1:1 counter deck, so fun to mega boost my cards

in DnD:

Name: Arendiel Shadowheart
Race: High Elf
Class: Witch/Wizard
Level: 6
Satan [612696]
Dnd
Name=Edor crystal gazer
Race=Human
Level=Wild magic sourcer (4)
Campaign= saltmarsh

My character is insane. He talks to marbles (not people) and regards marlbes as his friends and assigns a marble in his inventory for each and every single person he meets or talks to.

Other that that he's a perfectly normal reasonable person.