Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What is Global like?

Started by Bapki [2253001] on in General Discussion.

55 replies · 525 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
56
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Bapki [2253001]
Hi there folks!

As a resident of the New Players Chat (NPC), it's always a bittersweet feeling to see someone you've played and chatted with for a while move on to the Global chat upon reaching level 13. I've personally found that I get the most enjoyment out of chatting with the newer players and attempting to answer questions when I can, which is why I've so far decided to remain in NPC.

Level 15 has the obvious appeal of travel and a significant increase in income, so it's been interesting to see quite a few people restart their accounts simply to return to NPC, which has made me curious as to how others view the Global chat.

Of course, I mainly only hear the negative side of constantly-placed bounties, unrelenting attacking, and the inability to escape DUDE on a more permanent basis, but I'd love to hear either the other side of things or your agreement in such matters!

Overall, what's the Global chat like? Do you remember and/or miss NPC? Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
~Bapki
Sean_Bean [761776]
New player chat was before my time. When I was new we would never go on global because it was at orgy of violence.

im not sure if it has changed. I have my habits from the old days.
Bapki [2253001]
Hah, fair enough! I've never seen the outside of the new player chat, so it's interesting to think about not having it... I guess I'm glad for our little safe haven, then.

Thanks for the response!
AlexeaNikkole [888237]
It was never here when I was a noob. We worked our way aimlessly through the midst of torn with friends in IRC chat, but that was 11 years ago .... sounds like npc is sort of has a cult following?
Bapki [2253001]
Oh, it's great over here! No pointless arguing; no random muggings for $200 from newly-joined players; everyone gets along great. You're welcome to restart your account any time. Join us. :)
oraN [1778676]
Thats cuz its mostly dominated by grade 5 kids or some that act like grade 5 kids. Eventually they do something stupid or harrass someone and get fedded/chat banned so thats something lol
Monk [2271278]
Global:

10%: "OMG HIIIIII *insert name* <3 <3*
8%: Abuse of Amran
12%: hey wanna join my company? :>
15%: GO TO TRADE, HEATHEN
3%: hey guys did you know i have 100,000,000 on me right now
2%: assorted trolls
50%: flaming
Roxy [2308983]
I rushed through my first 14 levels to get to 15 as fast as i could and was in global in a blink of an eye. I was told not to talk in it , that it would put a target on my back by bullies and trolls. I am a chatty person so I didnt always listen and got myself mugged hit and bountied. So I chilled out for a bit and jsut watched the chat longingly. I saw a few people there that looked cool whom I really wanted to chat with and get to know. Malvo, Burger and Proph were three of the people I had always wanted to reach out to in global cause they looked cool.
As a gesture of goodwill I drew em a lil drawing. [image: i.imgur.com]

As the days went on I talked there more and more and enjoyed talking with certain people, assigned those I like with colours so they stood out amongst the crowd and met great people <3
Now I'm married to Burger and Malvo is my older brother <3

Its great as long as you don't beg or complain or spam as long as you find the few who stand out amongst the idiots you hate and are fun to talk to. It gives another layer of enjoyment to the game! As well as several layers of bounties.
Sean_Bean [761776]
That was part of the fun. No guides or tutorials and just wandering aimlessly trying to learn how to make money.

it took me years to realise that a mansion was not the dream.
LTJELLOMAN [1161626]
I had a mansion for like 4 years. i remember talking in global meant you got hosped. then IRC giveaways that seemed like they were never ending even tho it was just bricks. I remember grabbing a PRN BB for 60 mil those were the days
BRUTAL_THUG [1459431]
New players chat must be something like this : " I need help with this I need help with that can I have some monies, this guy is bullying me bluh bluh bluh
Bapki [2253001]
That's.. uncannily accurate. Throw in a few people asking where to purchase ammo or how to get to the forums, and you've pretty much got the gist of it!