Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hillbillies

Started by Jeremiahcron [2350797] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 1.03k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Jeremiahcron [2350797]
It was an honor fighting alongside of you all we put up a good fight and didn’t stoop down to betrayal everyone was very respectful and helpful can’t wait to try again next year with you all.

thank you guys
Nightmare [1637448]
Y'all did great took cowbows down a couple notches helping out your allies. To bad tie breaker is crippling.

If there werent 100 DB threads this might get a little attention lol.

Better luck next year!
HoodiniOwl [2333030]
Dammit I was just going to create one. Whatever, I'll just post my rough draft here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I heard that every elimination team gets one?

I could chalk up our defeat to several factors. Betrayal by most of our previous allies. Having the second to last initial amount of members. Accusations of a inactive leadership. Chernobyl. But let's focus on the good stuff.

This was my first elimination, and it was a absolute blast (hah get it) to be with such amazing people who were supportive and organized. Though my first inital choices for teams were pretty lackluster: Revengers, Punchbags, Millenials and Hillbillies, making the best out of a bad situation is just what you have to do sometimes. I have to post a speech made by Smallsplat here, as it was inspirational as hell:
"Don't you dare give up on the team. Cupcakes lost over half their lives before they even got to the final 4 and still f**king won last year. If we're not eliminated, we can win."
Smallsplat was one of the key members that I feel really held our group together. Of course that leads to our shoutouts:
Imalovrman, USinfidel32, STR8, KeanuReeves, xJoKer, four, MidKnight, AlexeaNikkole, maxblaster, thank you all for being great members of our team. Also shoutout to Jermiahcron, Jryann, shadowshade, and DaQ, as they were the people I most often saw communicating and coordinating in our chat. Maybe it was timezones. Either way, mad props and respect to everybody else who got some attacks and communicated as well. Shame we kept overdosing on Xanax.

I have to highlight one of our key components to our 8th place postition: Secrecy.
Although confusing at times, our leaders made the wise decision to keep all of us in the dark throughout the competition. And guess what? Way less leaks than our bottles of moonshine have. The only real "news" Sugarvalves could get on us was rumors, and the hard evidence were from evidence being let out from our alliance members.

It turns out, all we really need to know in order to be effective is which way we should poke our pitchforks in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thank you fellow Hillbillies for your hard work and efforts. I wish all teams luck in the event, as there is still a long way to go.


Lasky [1718783]
Big up to my man Jryann!

Good job guys, no idea how you were so organised whilst chugging vast quantities of moonshine.

Impressive.
Memorath [2355530]
Thanks a lot for everything, I really enjoyed and honored to fight with you guys ! Especially shadowshade was our real mvp , he organized everybody, gave people xanax and meds all the time and he paid them personally. We had so many leeches but we did great even with them. I would love to play with you guys again.
Jryann [2165284]
First I'd like to thank my parents for teaching me to err...I forgot. I'm drunk on moonshine. Love you all hillbillies. Special shoutout to the leadership team, herrschmidt, shadowshade, swissfactor, jeremiahchron, hoodiniowl, and too many more. To the rest of the teams looking at this forum.

EAT TROUTS DANG NABIT.
Hugh-Jurection [2151196]
This thread looks great. I wish I wernt have dropped out in 2nd grade to make shine with Uncle Cleetus and learnt to read instead so that I could enjoy it.
#Hillbillynation
IronRol [2178828]
If anything this competition has taught me. Step up and make hits and secondly I am weak as hell! Thank you to the council on making this fun while it lasted.