Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Official guide for recognizing malicious scripts

Started by bfb926 [220559] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 21 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
bfb926 [220559]
I think we need an official guide for recognizing malicious scripts stickied within the userscripts section of the forum. Granted this will not solve the problem entirely, but if the official line is user beware, I think they should provide some basic education for recognizing malicious scripts to help users out.
PlatinumDevil [1920420]
Here is a simple guide.......don't install something until others have reviewed it and you can read the feedback, after everything that's happened lately there will be coders scrubbing though code in attempts to find "malicious code" if you don't see any comments about a script saying its malicious then go ahead and install it at your own risk.

Can't review it yourself, ask a friend who knows some code to review it for you.
bfb926 [220559]
I agree with that, which is why I haven't installed anything beyond doctorn. But I still think they should provide some basic education to help people recognize these things, not all of us have friends that know how to code.