Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Abandoned

Started by Twitter [2309219] on in General Discussion.

36 replies · 1.13k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Twitter [2309219]
My best friend and Torn soulmate Tree_Beard has been inactive 50 days now...I've tried raising him on Facebook, in email, and he's just disappeared completely...

Some say having an inactive spouse is perfect, but for me....dammit, I miss my buddy. I visit our PI to pay upkeep, and I see this XL vault full of his cash, slapping me in the face and reminding me that none of it is mine, and it just reinforces the loneliness felt by his absence.

I remember that Amy Lee of Evanescence is a favorite of his, so I'm tackling "My Immortal" as a tribute to him now....and it expresses perfectly my angst at having him holding me back from moving on...just knowing (nay, praying!) that one day he may show back up.

The struggle is real, because I miss my late-night spooning sessions with him...

My Immortal ft. DJ-Stoned

Edit: His ears must've been burning because he just messaged on FB. Forgot login details when he bought new PC, working to get account back now.

There goes my payday...
Twitter [2309219]
Honestly, its just that he's so sensitive and caring...to leave his vault open lets me know that I have an obligation to hold on to his cash as long as I can force myself to...

This maybe sums up my feelings better:

A Bad Goodbye
Lewis [1312721]
Don't touch the vault money, strange that you even mentioned it, almost as if you were looking for approval.

I hope that they are ok though! you said you tried reaching them on facebook with no success, hopefully they're just inactive and nothing has happened to them.

Only thing to do at this point is to leave it, you don't wanna act like a stalker, could just be that they have quit for now.

Edit: Your spouse actually has a pretty decent acc, chances are they will come back, sometimes real life just gets in the way and you have to prioritise things that are important.
Birbo [2027304]
invest his cash and make it grow for him. You can just bring it to the bank or sth and make it increase slowly. If he comes back he'll have more than before, if he doesn't... you have way more than you'd have now
Twitter [2309219]
That was a dick thing to say man...I'm being light-hearted because I'm honestly hoping for the best and he's a real friend, but there is a legit worry here.
Twitter [2309219]
The vault thing was just for humor...he's given me permission to use his cash freely as it was just sitting there unused.

I just have a conscience about spending it like its mine lol
BadZena [1968552]
I hope he's ok too, I do miss chatting with him. I know he had some rl issues that kept popping up, but I too really miss the guy!
Superior- [2131856]
Basically

Tree_Beard is stoned’s main account

Hes making a forum post before transferring all the funds to his main account.

By going publicly he thinks he’s fooling staff / us.

Stoned, we are onto you.
Archer [2172225]
Reminds me a bit about a guy who 'scammed' a faction but it turned out to be a ruse to hide the cheating (RMT)