I cant use the city menu whitout the game lagging
City Map lagging issue
Started by Antsi [2395902] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 46 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
Have you tried clearing your cache?
Does this only happen on the TORN Android app? Or can you replicate on say, Chrome for Android?
What device and Android version do you run?
Does this only happen on the TORN Android app? Or can you replicate on say, Chrome for Android?
What device and Android version do you run?
I lost a little over 800k defense and I'm not sure why?
Not the OP, but I have this issue as well. I use a device that's nearing the end of it's life (so low performance is expected), and I notice poor performance and stuttering on the city map as well. The stuttering worsens on areas where the faction territories are displayed, and when the full territory map is selected it stutters everywhere.
Other areas where there are slowdowns or stuttering:
-the default screen while travelling (the one showing the plane), this one also makes the chat very hard to use, with long response times and slow sending and receiving of messages.
-some casino games, roulette is the most noticable
Other areas where there are slowdowns or stuttering:
-the default screen while travelling (the one showing the plane), this one also makes the chat very hard to use, with long response times and slow sending and receiving of messages.
-some casino games, roulette is the most noticable
How is the City now on your device after today's push?
When "enable full territory view" is set to off, performance is not bad. The further the zoom level increases, the more responsive the map gets.
It's still not ideal when zoomed out to the maximum, but definitely usable.
When enabling that option, however, performance drops significantly. At the most zoomed in option, it is somewhat usable. Dragging over the map will not move the map until you let go, at which point it sets itself to the position that you would have dragged to.
At the most zoomed out level, it is practically not usable.
I tested this on both the app and mobile chrome browser, with all background apps terminated. Performance was similar between the app and the browser.
On a (possibly) unrelated note: I was enabling and disabling the full territory map option, and at some point I got this result when I set the option to "on":
[image: i.imgur.com]
The color scheme and lack of faction icons persisted through switching the option on and off multiple times, when the setting was switched to "off" the colored territories were limited to the areas in my direct vicinity.
Does this fit here, should I create a separate thread or is this reported already?
I could supply a recording of the map behaviour, but using a screen recording software would impact performance a lot, so I will have to use an external camera. If you are interested in that please say so, it will take some setting up from my part so I'll supply it if it's useful to you.
It's still not ideal when zoomed out to the maximum, but definitely usable.
When enabling that option, however, performance drops significantly. At the most zoomed in option, it is somewhat usable. Dragging over the map will not move the map until you let go, at which point it sets itself to the position that you would have dragged to.
At the most zoomed out level, it is practically not usable.
I tested this on both the app and mobile chrome browser, with all background apps terminated. Performance was similar between the app and the browser.
On a (possibly) unrelated note: I was enabling and disabling the full territory map option, and at some point I got this result when I set the option to "on":
[image: i.imgur.com]
The color scheme and lack of faction icons persisted through switching the option on and off multiple times, when the setting was switched to "off" the colored territories were limited to the areas in my direct vicinity.
Does this fit here, should I create a separate thread or is this reported already?
I could supply a recording of the map behaviour, but using a screen recording software would impact performance a lot, so I will have to use an external camera. If you are interested in that please say so, it will take some setting up from my part so I'll supply it if it's useful to you.
I believe it is all related to the same issue here.
Does this only happen on the app, or can you replicate on any other browser?
Does this only happen on the app, or can you replicate on any other browser?
The first part of my previous post gives my results for the original issue, both on the mobile app and in chrome.
For the second part I did a little dumdum: you can see on the bar in the right that I accidentally selected another option to view the map. That option doesn't store so it goes away when I reload the map....
For the second part I did a little dumdum: you can see on the bar in the right that I accidentally selected another option to view the map. That option doesn't store so it goes away when I reload the map....
So, apparently the City map lags a little. Perhaps only on older mobile devices / older browsers such as IE11.
Perhaps Sergey can take a look?
I edited the title because it's apparently not just an app issue!
Perhaps Sergey can take a look?
I edited the title because it's apparently not just an app issue!
We show a lot of objects (more than 4k territories) on the map in full view mode. Even on the latest mobile devices / browsers there is a difference in the performance while switching between modes. Displaying svg 4k objects requires some resources. That's why we added an ability to switch full mode off. Along with it, displaying objects is a native functionality of the Leaflet library.