I suggest as follows:
When being arrested (except by a player or OC failure) you have the option to fight the cops. If you do so, this results in a fight against some NPC cop or cops to avoid jail. (This could have a 25 energy cost, if deemed appropriate, but I tend to think the cops are the aggressors in this situation. If there is an e cost, then I think you should get to mug them for minor loot). If you win, you escape, but it adds to your bounty for anyone working a job where they can arrest you. If you lose, it adds some amount to your jail sentence and zeroes your life. Along with this, I would have Lawyer Business Cards remove up to a finite maximum time from a jail sentence... so for example, an LBC removes 6 hours from your sentence. I tend to think it should take more calls to a lawyer to get out for killing the president than for stealing a jacket...
When being arrested (except by a player or OC failure) you have the option to fight the cops. If you do so, this results in a fight against some NPC cop or cops to avoid jail. (This could have a 25 energy cost, if deemed appropriate, but I tend to think the cops are the aggressors in this situation. If there is an e cost, then I think you should get to mug them for minor loot). If you win, you escape, but it adds to your bounty for anyone working a job where they can arrest you. If you lose, it adds some amount to your jail sentence and zeroes your life. Along with this, I would have Lawyer Business Cards remove up to a finite maximum time from a jail sentence... so for example, an LBC removes 6 hours from your sentence. I tend to think it should take more calls to a lawyer to get out for killing the president than for stealing a jacket...