Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat refresh

Started by nex [2054500] on in Suggestions.

52 replies · 320 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

nex [2054500]
The chat system is broken. As someone who frequently alternates between using Torn on both PC and mobile I notice that chat messages are often missing when I switch platform. This is pretty much a daily occurrence and happens in faction, company and personal chat windows.

Several bug reports are being made because of this every week, sometimes daily, and every time the response is "it's a client side problem, log out, clear your cache and log back in". Somehow this is considered an acceptable solution and while it is utterly laughable that devs seem to think it's normal to ask your users to clear their browser cache every day in order to have a working chat it's not something I'm expecting to be fixed anytime soon.

I'd like to propose a band-aid solution though. I'm sure chat messages are saved on the server for at least a few days, just add a button to chat windows that pulls the last 40 messages of that chat, effectively re-fills the chat window with the latest content. Put a timer on it so that it can't be spammed if necessary, say one pull every hour or so.
gators87 [2036952]
Follow up for me.... have been playing in chrome all week. Went onto safari today... had TWO chat boxes from ppl that I did not have in chrome. That is super messed up