Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock Event Suppression

Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in Suggestions.

48 replies · 961 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
So when stocks eventually do sell, to players, you end up with shite like this (from a friend):

[image: i.gyazo.com]

Yes, that's 44 pages, ~1100 events.


I would like to suggest that a "Suppress Events" checkbox is added to the Portfolio page when you list a stock.


[image: i.gyazo.com]

et voila.


If this is selected, everything will function as normal, the only difference will be that for the relevant stock you will not receive any notice of a sale other than money appearing in the form of a bank cheque.
Hcom3 [2003693]
Please.

If possible, it could send a message when every like 10% is sold? As I think it would be good to at least get *some* notification.

Anyways R+
FidelCashflow [1993550]
I feel like the point of this thread is rub it in everyone's face that you sold your SYM, lucky bastard.

But I agree with the idea. Make it happen, bogie! The person who buys 1 share drives me into a near homicidal rage every time.
Coffee_Fox [2286273]
I don't understand why someone dropped close to 1b shares of SYM into the market in the first place. Wouldn't it have made sense to trickle the stocks out and waiting until they sold before dropping more? Because sure, SYM hit 500 or whatever it was at one point... but dropping so damn many shares on the market all at once pretty much guaranteed that demand would tank and players would wait until SYM hit a lower price. Being a bit more patient and selling a BB at a time would likely have been more profitable.
MeanSteve [1696566]
Wanna see my 4K events from one stock lol. I have to disable notifications on the mobile app. Pretty much constantly going off as people find it funny to buy 1 share at a time.


So yah if you send me an event chances are I don’t see it.
Riot [974353]
Yup I’m at like 14 pages of events from SLAG player sales right now. I get so many it’s insane. I got one earlier today when a single bloody share sold.


I think I would prefer the suppress events to only work under a threshold though. If the sale was more than 100M in value perhaps you should still get an event?