Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API Bug - Getting to much information

Started by tekraj [2265822] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 67 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
tekraj [2265822]
I was messing around with the API and I discovered that I was able to find out players' personal information that, I thought, should be able to be obtained at all. I was discovering personal stats and net worth information for other players using my API key instead....Or am I wrong for bring this to the thread?

I have posted an image so you can see that it is clearly not my "player_id" and "name" keys, but you can clearly see that there is a "networth" key in the personal stats section toward the bottom. I did render the json using Firefox after I discovered it utilizing the API website. I also did find a player, which there are quite a few to choose from, to display this information so I wasn't putting someone else's information at risk.

[image: i.imgur.com]

If I am wrong about this, please disregard my ignorance on this topic. But, I don't ever remember being able to access this part of the API for other players.

Thanks,
tekraj
tekraj [2265822]
Yes, there may be a lot of information that you can find through someone's profile, but I am mainly focusing on the "networth" and other keys that aren't typically displayed, at the moment. I don't see someone's networth on the their profile. But, if I am wrong about this, then please forgive my ignorance. I am still trying to learn and understand the API and the game altogether.

If I was just to do an API call on someone's networth (https://api.torn.com/user/1510830?selections=networth&key=${my_API}) then I get the a code: 7 error: "Incorrect ID-entity relation".
tekraj [2265822]
I retract my report then. I have forgotten about the detailed personal stats page that we can pull up. Thank you for pointing out my error.

Boy, do I feel like a fool now lol