Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack Error/Mission Error/Respect Error

Started by KillerDan [1980271] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
KillerDan [1980271]
I was playing on my mobile phone. *Edit - in the web browser, google chrome, on android* I got the following mission, which I accepted.

[image: image.prntscr.com]

I then attacked my target, TheConan. After the final, winning hit, I hit the "Mug" button. At that point, a reddish line appeared at the top of my screen, and the only text in it was "{}". This seemed strange, but while the leave/mug/hosp options were still there, hitting them did nothing, so I had to refresh the page. At that point, I hit "Mug" again, but received a message indicating that someone else had taken the target down before I could mug them. I went to the target's page, and saw this:
[image: image.prntscr.com]
So apparently, I was the one that mugged him, which prevented me from mugging him. But wait, there's more. My mission is still not completed. So I decided to go to my faction, and see what the faction chain page says about my attack..... and I found this:
[image: image.prntscr.com]

So in my faction log it says that I escaped, although I had not. Now I know from it saying on my target's page that I had mugged him (as well as from hitting the mug button) but then, for completeness, I looked at the attack log, which can be found here:

https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=d435cc37cd468e879f30d96f52e50147

The attack log doesn't show how the fight ended, and I received no event, saying how it ended. I know that my mission doesn't show as completed. Furthermore, my faction didn't get credit for the hit, and didn't get the respect. I didn't get credit for faction respect earned towards the merit, and while I am not 100% sure, I don't think I got the money from the mug. The mug money I am going to say is lost forever, but I am hoping someone can mark my mission complete and give me the mission credits, and credit my faction with the respect for the hit. Also, I am more than a little confused. This has never happened to me before in years of torn, so it would appear I stumbled on a very rare glitch, or this is something related to a recent update... just my guess.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Check the mission status please - it should be ok. Looks like a transaction in factions respect system failed to complete for some reason - let's keep an eye on it, please post, if you will see this again.