Any tips on how to crash a freakin car in this game? This is more frustrating than trying to get the travel merits!
Wrecked
Started by Brian [85088] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 16
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
It seems like just doing a lot of 1 lap races with an actual decent car is the fastest way, seeing how it's just a flat chance at the start of a race, regardless of car.
I race around 5+ times a day in official events. For a while I would crash once a month, but I have not had a crash since September.. Wonder if they changed crash rates since there is a merit for it now.
If you have some points to burn consider maxing out HP and acceleration, but making no handling upgrades.
If you have some points to burn consider maxing out HP and acceleration, but making no handling upgrades.
I been told to join 100 lap race will increase the chance but I got it doing official races.
Best way that I can suggest is to join as many official races as you can, back to back. Join them one after the other. That seems to trigger the crashes faster...... or I'm just that unlucky.
It's random. Suggestions that joining 100 lap, 1 lap, official, unofficial etc will improve your chances of crashing are entirely anecdotal and not based on any hard evidence.
The closest thing I've seen to actual advise is that the outcomes of a race is always calculated at the start, and therefore more joins = more chance, but I'm unable to find 'official' word on this.
So, the best advise is just to keep racing until you get it.
The closest thing I've seen to actual advise is that the outcomes of a race is always calculated at the start, and therefore more joins = more chance, but I'm unable to find 'official' word on this.
So, the best advise is just to keep racing until you get it.
I have crashed five times in like six weeks. All in official races where I was racing back to back through a day so a bit of credence to the theory that SheyCroix offered maybe! Haven’t raced much since the last crash as I got to 10 DS.
- You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Parkland race! The upgrades Polyurethane Bushings Front, Competition Racing Brake Pads and Rally Gearbox (Long ratio) were lost. 23:08:03 02/11/19
- You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Stone Park race! The upgrade Carbon Fiber Trunk was lost. 10:18:03 30/10/19
- You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Parkland race! The upgrades Competition Racing Clutch, Grooved and Drilled Brake Discs and Air Cooling Ducts for Brakes were lost. 16:58:04 16/10/19
- You have crashed your Lexus LFA on the Speedway race! The upgrades Polycarbonate Windows, Competition Racing Brake Pads and Competition Racing Fuel Pump were lost. 20:54:04 13/10/19
- You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Mudpit race! The upgrades Polyurethane Bushings Rear and Rally Gearbox (Long ratio) were lost. 15:46:04 20/09/19
I got it in class C with a normal car.
The type of car or upgrades don't matter, not even safety upgrades.
People are split between wether a lot of 1 lap races or 100 lap races are better.
Just keep racing and you'll get it eventually
The type of car or upgrades don't matter, not even safety upgrades.
People are split between wether a lot of 1 lap races or 100 lap races are better.
Just keep racing and you'll get it eventually
Race a road car on a dirt track. 1 lap races. I got it on my 4th attempt
I’ve been racing quite a lot the past couple months, and here are my crashes:
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Meltdown race! 18:14:04 02/11/19
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Vector race! 23:37:04 19/10/19
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Commerce race! 21:56:04 15/10/19
You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Parkland race! 06:14:05 10/10/19
I would comment that they do appear entirely random. However, I’ll also add that I achieved the 250 win merit with a single car with my Cosworth on the Mudpit track - all 1-lap races. Noting that you do not see a crash above with the Cosworth on Mudpit, I might be inclined to say vehicle compatibility makes a difference, as insinuated by Franky above.
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Meltdown race! 18:14:04 02/11/19
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Vector race! 23:37:04 19/10/19
You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Commerce race! 21:56:04 15/10/19
You have crashed your Sierra Cosworth on the Parkland race! 06:14:05 10/10/19
I would comment that they do appear entirely random. However, I’ll also add that I achieved the 250 win merit with a single car with my Cosworth on the Mudpit track - all 1-lap races. Noting that you do not see a crash above with the Cosworth on Mudpit, I might be inclined to say vehicle compatibility makes a difference, as insinuated by Franky above.
My Driving Skill is 9.72 I have the 250 wins in 1 car (a lot on 1-3 lap races) and done over 1000 races.. and before merit crashed twice
I bought a Lambo, no safety/handling/brake upgrades but I did all the acceleration upgrades.
30 races and still waiting to crash although I guess its going to take a lot more.. I do custom overnight 100 lap races on any track available
I bought a Lambo, no safety/handling/brake upgrades but I did all the acceleration upgrades.
30 races and still waiting to crash although I guess its going to take a lot more.. I do custom overnight 100 lap races on any track available
I've had 5 crashes In 3 months, 5th crash exactly 3 months after my first. Want to borrow some of my luck?
Spend sometime in either Ohio or South Carolina. Your crash rate will go through the roof. I’m sure there is real evidence for this.
it takes forever to get 10 racing skill and win 250 races....so just relax and you'll probably get it before you finish the racing merits
- You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Vector race! The upgrades Ported and Polished Head, 6 Pot Uprated Brakes and Super Octane Fuel Plus Nitrous were lost. 21:36:04 21/11/19
- You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Vector race! The upgrades Helmet FIA Approved and Carbon Fiber Roof were lost. 20:07:03 24/11/19
- You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Two Islands race! The upgrades Full Exhaust System and Brake Balance Bias Control were lost. 21:24:03 01/12/19
- You have crashed your Honda NSX on the Industrial race! The upgrade Ultra-Light Flywheel was lost. 01:25:04 04/12/19
It's random. Just don't upgrade safety and do as many races you can. I am not sure if upgrading in other parts will increase the chance to crash, but it sounds logically that it would do (the faster you are, the easier you lose control and crash, right?).
If you crash, you will lose a few upgrades and also get into the hospital for a several hours!
If you crash, you will lose a few upgrades and also get into the hospital for a several hours!
There's no indication at all that safety has any relation to the chance of crashing. The only theory that I've seen is that safety may relate to the time spent in hosp after crashing, but even that is unconfirmed as far as I know.