Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Selecting Bounties

Started by AineMari [2117276] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 69 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
AineMari [2117276]
By clicking on the red bulls eye in a particular profile it takes me to the list of all the bounties available:

[image: i.imgur.com]


Then I choose the bounty for $1,111.
-CLAIM-
The system asks me if I want to claim it.
I choose yes.
It sends me to the attack page

[image: i.imgur.com]

I attack , I win, I hospitalize the bountied party..
I get paid 25,0000 and not 1,111
This is despite being given the option to choose a specific bounty amount and agreeing yes to selected amount.


[image: i.imgur.com]

What is the purpose of having the options available if they do not work as intended? I wanted to collect/ clear a certain bounty amount for a specific reason , am given the option to do so and am paid a different amount despite having the option that would indicate I can pick and choose the amounts claimed. I have been able to replicate the issue and would respectfully request the options be fixed or the claim option indicate that despite the amount picked you will always be paid the highest amount of the bounty available.


Thank you in advance,
Stewie [1494547]
Yes, it would always pay you the highest amount. That is how it is ordered I believe.

However, the claim text should probably be changed, or something? I'll have to pass this to Joe.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I'm not really sure how this can be adjusted, hmm.

The highest bounty should always be claimed first I believe, I don't think we want to change that as that's just going to cause random issues I expect - people getting the lower bounties because the clicked 'CLAIM' that happened to be on a lower bounty.

But also I feel the other bounties should indeed still keep their "CLAIM" buttons.

It seems like the best option is just to leave things how they are? As any changes will likely cause more issues?
Stewie [1494547]
You could probably just do something like...

Do you want to hospitalize [user] and claim the bounty now?
(Removing the value from the confirmation is the simplest solution here)