Hey there folks merry christmas and I hope everyone is having a great day but this is to those who might not be.
I have had one of the shittest years on my 30 year record and to be frank I'll be glad when I shovel the last spade of dirt on this trash fire of a year but I know my problems are a drop in the ocean compared to some.
With that in mind I offer my open DM to anyone that feels they need to reach out to someone, anyone today.
I can't promise I'll be able to even remotely help you but I've seen the "perfect math" and would not wish it on my worst enemy let alone a community I've grown to love since becoming a part of.
So as I said, should you feel the need to send me a DM don't hesitate to and should you think this is too gushy then I look forward to your comment here (make it creative XD)
Some Random Bastard ;)
Sincerely, hope it will be a better year for you next year!
I've seen more Christmas spirit on this game than in real life this year. Good post, and best of luck to you, and yours.
Its getting there guys it really is. Even if no one replies I know just having the option to blunts the edge of the isolation a bit.
Keep your chin up mate, think this is an amazing post for.those playing today that would benefit from this.
All the best to your and here's to 2020.
Yeah I'm smellin what you're sellin, to 2020. :)
Been a real tough year for me as well, hard to keep on going many days. I’m looking forward to this next year though, going to be actively trying to improve things
I’m not sad to see the end of 2019 either. It ended on high note since so far all tests are showing my dad is cancer free. To be honest I’m afraid to not put the caveat “so far” as if being too confident might jinx it and give us more bad news. However, he is here, his hair is growing back and most of my family will be together tomorrow to celebrate Christmas. As shitty as a lot of the year was, the highs are making up for the lows. I’m grateful for my blessings.
its awesome that people put themselves out there to help and be there to chat. It’s what it’s all about. We might be a crime riddled city but many of us have awesome hearts!!
I wish you well my dude that is the mind set I struggle to get into. see my depression isn't painful its matter of fact, thinking me not existing was a benfit to everyone I knew was as much a fact as 2+2 making 4(perfect math), it didn't hurt it just was.
The best person I know helped me realise perfection is an unreachable standand therefore making my perfect math by it's very definition a lie, a lie I told myself about everyone I knew to make it easier to wallow in my own self made mire.
Don't allow that aspect of who you are to use your friends and family against you in that way because to lose you under any circumstance only hurts them.
Take care Brother
Change your name already, you're not JUSTjanet you carry the weight for your family like a champ, even as you worry. ALLjanet fits better imho.
Oh and hoping your dad is ok is not jinxing him, quite the opposite. ;)
Nice of you buddy. I hope next year is an improvement for you as well.
Hey man, don't you worry 'bout a thing, 'cos every little thing s'gonna be alright...
6 days to go, you can do it!
Best of luck in 2020! I'm in that boat as well, or more like the infirmary... so far every holiday came and went with nasty illnesses going around my family, ranging from the sniffles to 103 degree fevers. As of today, my two year old seems to be getting better and my sinuses are clearing up. All I can hope for is 2020 to not be as bad as 2019 was to my kids. Happy holidays and everything is better with thyme! I mean time... yeah time.
I got Kevin McAllistered by my family for our yearly get together and told it was my fault yesterday. That was cool :/
Damn I no parent but I can totally understand how each little cough must heartstopping for you so I'll root for your kids with you so you can have a second for air once in a while. ;)
Take care
I self McAllister so I can't really say much on that one really XD
For me, people stopped asking because I never wanted to be part of things. not saying its the same for you but keep reaching out to them ok.
I totally get this and appreciate your willingness to be there for others. I am also here if anyone needs/wants someone to talk to. This year has been a rollercoaster ride.
- My child was diagnosed with a very painful chronic illness in the spring and insurance won't cover the necessary surgery so he has to suffer.
- My husband lost his job in March and still hasn't found a new one.
- I had a fantastic vacation with my sister in July during which we found out our dad was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer.
- I went to help him get started in assisted living only to get there and find out they meant hospice and then he died the next day because cancer had spread to his liver, kidneys, spine, lymph nodes, and lungs.
- My other sister decided to be a greedy ***** and contested the probate so now we have to deal with a long, drawn-out court process.
- I got shingles from the stress and I am not 50 so I can't have the vaccine.
- My whole family has been sick with respiratory illness but the same child also developed asthma from it, so now he has that on top of everything else he is suffering.
- My other child has been battling serious PTSD since he got back from the military so my kids both have moved back home.
- All during this, I was trying to work on my thesis for graduate school and battling my own PTSD.
I am happy to report that I did finish my thesis and graduated on 13 December with my Education Specialist (halfway between Masters and Doctorate) degree. It has been a hell of a rollercoaster and I want off. I hope 2020 is more like one of those kiddie rides, slow and steady and relatively boring.
I do not list these things for pity. I list them so that anyone who is suffering knows they are not alone and we will get through this. We have a 100% survival rate thus far, and that's a fantastic track record. I am always here if anyone needs someone to chat with, year-round. I wear the name MamaTort because I am willing to be the Mama that people sometimes need. Keep your head up, take your meds, drink plenty of water, and get whatever help you need to get through your battles. You are stronger than you realize.
I love you all,
Mama
Mighty kind of you..... May the new year bring better tidings.
I had depression when my mother died and I declared my bankruptcy at same day. Both broke my heart in places I didn't know I had in me. Funny thing was i didn't know I was in depression until I realized I never went out of my house for 2-3 years. I didn't cry or felt blue. I just felt numb so I just stayed in my room for that duration of time. My ex bf who now still is my bestfriend now bought me food everyday, combed my hair, bathed me, and spoonfed me. Once i realized I lost few years, and then I started to cry very hard but also decided to fight back. Until now my bestfriend is still worried if I have day off and not go out at all. So I always go out and check our store and hang out with him even on my day off so he won't be worried. Thing about depression, you have to reach the bottom before you can bounce back.
Sorry about your situation. I hope you will be ok
My god your story is so similar to my own! Weird seeing some else write it XD
Think I'm a little further behind on progress than you are (still a complete shut in) but just being on torn, oddly enough, has kind of got me speaking more and now I can't shut the f**k up in faction chat XD
Its agreeing that I'm struggling at all that screws with me, as you say I feel neither way about it so when people give me sympathy or try to empathize I just feel guilty and a fraud so I'd rather they just didn't lol.