Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Message Board API

Started by LouBaker [1162207] on in API Development.

3 replies · 74 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
70 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
LouBaker [1162207]
I quoted Cheds post after he made the changes to API Status
On how he can warn the Developers of changes to the APIs

[image: i.gyazo.com]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If developers had a notice board they can read at the beginning of the day or at set times

they could be informed of important changes to the API's

And I'm sure big Developers would appreciate that

Your thoughts on this


note:
It doesn't have to stop there, Any sort of message that ChedBurn needs us to know about can be put there
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Honestly, I don't care. But I do realise that not everyone wants to/has the time to go B&I a lot and wait on every Tuesday update to make sure they don't miss any update, including api updates.
I also think that it is our job to keep on top of updates and not slow down the developers in their updates just because it would take us a few minutes to fix it.

Although I don't think a notice system about changes is bad, even if only for when the update is done. That way we don't have wait for the Tuesday update to know what happend on let's say Wednesday the week before.
LouBaker [1162207]
I'm ok with a message a few days or the day before rather than they be done without any notice

if we had a message board in the API's ill be sure ill be reading it on a daily basis