Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn? Do you hide it

Started by Superior- [2131856] on in General Discussion.

107 replies · 1.55k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 108 / 108 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
108
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Superior- [2131856]
Yo amigo’s

Late night thoughts...

As we all know torn has a dark underworld it’s more like a social community game than an actual crime game when you start getting involved in discord channels / the dark underworld that lies beneath our beautiful torn city.

Im just out a voice chat with my very intelligent friends and 5 out of 6 said we keep torn secret from our irl friends..

I personally just don’t want anyone to know who I am in the game because my persona is a complete a**hole off a player but the others have no idea why they find it embarrassing.

GD: Do you hide that you play torn city? If so why
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Well my friends call it tornhub so...

Edit:
My friends say I should just quit because it is a "waste of time" (I guess it is but **** them) and they say it is a bad influence.

And school... don't even get me started on how wrong they think this game is
DUDE [1028023]
I don't have anything to hide. I am a nice person here, helped lots of people and I am very proud of that
joei [2474002]
you helped me through so much in the last 3 days you destroyed any of my bullies thanks dude the real king of the forums
Stallion8321 [2300496]
My brother-in-law found some scratch paper with prices for PCP, Xanax, Shrooms, and ecstasy... that was an entertaining conversation to listen to my wife explain it was a game I played.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
No I don't hide because someone said I look to be highly intrepid and I really am. On serious note, I just don't tell them what game it is because my sister owns rehab lol
Hellhound3381 [2342703]
Something similliar happend to me,

I've been writing prices of plushies and flowers on sticky note and had a calculator beside me and mother passed by and was like, what are you doing and then had to spent 15 minuted explaining what im doing (not booking and gambling) lol
Triplicant [2037705]
I don't hide it one bit

Hell, I'll try to convince damned near anyone I know to play & use my referral. Maybe one day I'll get Pyramid Scheme...

Edit: I have several Torn T-shirts, so that's a thing...
Soph-Cunningham [2115907]
All I do is talk about Torn. I have no life outside of it. I am proud to ramble on to my co-workers about my adventures in the city. I don't care that they think I am a crazy loser at all.
Migs [2166018]
I talk about torn pretty often if someone see's my laptop screen and asks about it. Nothing to hide. I'm essentially the exact same here as I am irl....well I use the gym here way more than I do in real life but that's about it lol. I tried getting all my irl friends to play....none of them enjoyed it but at least they tried lol.
buzzard [2070555]
My real spouse doesn't Torn, but before we watch an American Horror Story episode in the evening, he always asked "Did you get your mission done" He's a has been player of "World of Worldcraft" and one other.
Fatbears [2197270]
I've gotten most of my friends and co-workers to attempt to play.

Wife as well but she doesn't have a lot of interest.
Triplicant [2037705]
Maybe I should do this - Kinda like when you tell teenagers not to do drugs, y'know?

"Don't play it, it's addicting and your parents will hate it"
Sosa [2414209]
I don't really keep it a secret, but I don't talk about it.
I find Torn a difficult game to explain, especially where the fun is. So I just keep it quiet.
Pirateheart [2352055]
Better than a price list for dog poop and erotic DVDs.

Edit: oh yes, the thread. I told other people about it but I think they have real lives so it doesn't interest them. (:

.
.
.

):
qed [2089591]
I hide it because it’s not the normal type of game people that I know play... this game for the high IQs :P