Wondering if anyone in Class B can tell me what cars and times are in the top 5 on Vector for class B, and if the Porsche appears anywhere in the top 5 times for class B on any track. Thanks!
Vector Class B records
Started by Mathematics [1631069] on in Racing.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Good call. We should be able to see all the top 5 all class records for every map.
I agree, it definitely would be nice. I hate having to bother people to find these things out.
Top5 isnt a really good reference though. Sure, those cars do end up performing best on specific tracks, but that's just that. Take note that those records are set by probably fully kitted cars and/or high racing skill. Not something a new player with a stock car can achieve.
So to win races, you need the right car yes, but the upgrades are far more important. Even then, what is it you want? Just win in B class or advance to A class?
If you want to advance to A class, you dont have to win. It helps a lot, but placing 2nd or 3rd frequently is good enough.
Then comes the question again, which car is best? Is it one that wins on a single track, but loses on all else? Or is it a car that can place top3 on every track? This is just what you prefer in the end.
As for which car I'd recommend? Allround decency: Ford Mustang. Specific awesome car: Cosworth
The Porsche just seems sub-par..
PS. The Cosworth stays relevant even later on. Needs proper upgrading, but it can compete and win in even A class dirt races like the Mudpit. Any other B class car, just lacks compared any other A class car and thus bevomes obsolete once you advance to A class.
Anyways, do check out Baldr's racing guide. It's a nice starting point to racibg and progressing through the ranks. Though not about winning or setting best times..
So to win races, you need the right car yes, but the upgrades are far more important. Even then, what is it you want? Just win in B class or advance to A class?
If you want to advance to A class, you dont have to win. It helps a lot, but placing 2nd or 3rd frequently is good enough.
Then comes the question again, which car is best? Is it one that wins on a single track, but loses on all else? Or is it a car that can place top3 on every track? This is just what you prefer in the end.
As for which car I'd recommend? Allround decency: Ford Mustang. Specific awesome car: Cosworth
The Porsche just seems sub-par..
PS. The Cosworth stays relevant even later on. Needs proper upgrading, but it can compete and win in even A class dirt races like the Mudpit. Any other B class car, just lacks compared any other A class car and thus bevomes obsolete once you advance to A class.
Anyways, do check out Baldr's racing guide. It's a nice starting point to racibg and progressing through the ranks. Though not about winning or setting best times..
Vhaeraz, I've been class A since Jan 2014. I already have a fleet of cars that I use when my goal is to win races. My questions above reflect other racing goals/projects that I'm working on (e.g. record setting, figuring out best tracks/tune for cars not commonly used).
Maybe we can ask some of low class players to do like update once a month on new thread - top 5 record holders (class E - B).
I´m even ready to pay for that...
I´m even ready to pay for that...
Bobiii, to be honest, I'm surprised it doesn't already exist. Definitely would be nice.
Go R+ this thread. It's a Destroys suggestion to show racing records for all classes, plus I think everyone has to rate up at least one Destroys thread in their Torn life.
Done
I personally think what is currently held to be the global records should just be class records and the All class records should be the global records.
Also cant see why we can have tabs to see our own top 5 times on each track.
Personal ramblings xD
Also cant see why we can have tabs to see our own top 5 times on each track.
Personal ramblings xD