What does level holding do?
Level holding
Started by Triplebbb [2473971] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 23
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Kupe [2198270]
· 11 likes ·
Get to level 15 so that you can fly before you start thinking about level holding. Level holding disadvantages: You don't gain the life points (5th battle stat) that come from levelling up (biggest disadvantage). You appear weaker, so may … - ElChapo [2157516]
· 1 likes ·
Drizella, Josephine and Jesus are 3 well known ones, mostly for defends ... I mean come on, who's going to think a level 20 can have stats in excess of 4b? It's good for scoring free defends and even in …
You just hold your level instead of increasing it, it has pros and cons.
Some people will say hold and become a tank so you get some nice defends. Other's including myself will say level up to gain extra life which is considered the 5th stat. It's all down to personal preference.
At your level though, I would keep levelling to 15 so at least you can then travel to start making some bucks!
Some people will say hold and become a tank so you get some nice defends. Other's including myself will say level up to gain extra life which is considered the 5th stat. It's all down to personal preference.
At your level though, I would keep levelling to 15 so at least you can then travel to start making some bucks!
Get to level 15 so that you can fly before you start thinking about level holding.
Level holding disadvantages:
You don't gain the life points (5th battle stat) that come from levelling up (biggest disadvantage).
You appear weaker, so may be attacked more.
You don't get levelling up merits.
It is harder to bust people from prison.
Level holding advantages:
You appear weaker, so may be attacked more, and may get more free defends.
It is easier to get busted from prison.
Weak high level players may be attacked and "farmed" for respect/experience for faction chaining or those trying to level up themselves.
I'm sure there are other points that I can't think of now.
Level holding disadvantages:
You don't gain the life points (5th battle stat) that come from levelling up (biggest disadvantage).
You appear weaker, so may be attacked more.
You don't get levelling up merits.
It is harder to bust people from prison.
Level holding advantages:
You appear weaker, so may be attacked more, and may get more free defends.
It is easier to get busted from prison.
Weak high level players may be attacked and "farmed" for respect/experience for faction chaining or those trying to level up themselves.
I'm sure there are other points that I can't think of now.
Makes you easier to get a one-hit KO
Kupe laid it out.
Most people will do it simply for the deceit and defends.
Or are like Jesus and Level One and just hold at level 1 to do it.
Most people will do it simply for the deceit and defends.
Or are like Jesus and Level One and just hold at level 1 to do it.
Drizella, Josephine and Jesus are 3 well known ones, mostly for defends ... I mean come on, who's going to think a level 20 can have stats in excess of 4b?
It's good for scoring free defends and even in wars, as it only shows your level on the war page / territory wall.
It's good for scoring free defends and even in wars, as it only shows your level on the war page / territory wall.
Everyone else already said what had to be said about level holding, I just came here to cry at the idea that of all things, defends is what I may be known for.
Josephine isn't level holding, she's just a noob
Thanks!
I know you’ve already gotten some replies, but thought I’d add my two cents.
As the above said, definitely go for at least level 15. Flying will do a lot for you (and you may enjoy it!). I personally hate flying, but it helps for merits, making money, mission targets, rehabbing... etc etc.
I hold (though can go up to 93) because I personally don’t feel my stats are adequate enough for me to justify leveling. This will not always be the case with everyone else, or you for that matter. Now while I do lack the higher level HP, I have put merits into life so I can get a little extra more than what my current level allows. I have 10/10 on it!
Defends are always nice when you’re a secret beastly level holder :) But I also find I don’t always get picked on because I’m a ‘lower’ level (though I know 75 isn’t actually low lol). For whatever reason, my bounties don’t always get taken either, so kind of win/win for me.
Anyway, just adding in my perspective. I would think about what route you’d like to go. You can always level up, and hold on down the road as well, like I did! I prefer to not be used as a leveling target, so being a high level with low stats doesn’t sound appealing to me.
Best of luck!
As the above said, definitely go for at least level 15. Flying will do a lot for you (and you may enjoy it!). I personally hate flying, but it helps for merits, making money, mission targets, rehabbing... etc etc.
I hold (though can go up to 93) because I personally don’t feel my stats are adequate enough for me to justify leveling. This will not always be the case with everyone else, or you for that matter. Now while I do lack the higher level HP, I have put merits into life so I can get a little extra more than what my current level allows. I have 10/10 on it!
Defends are always nice when you’re a secret beastly level holder :) But I also find I don’t always get picked on because I’m a ‘lower’ level (though I know 75 isn’t actually low lol). For whatever reason, my bounties don’t always get taken either, so kind of win/win for me.
Anyway, just adding in my perspective. I would think about what route you’d like to go. You can always level up, and hold on down the road as well, like I did! I prefer to not be used as a leveling target, so being a high level with low stats doesn’t sound appealing to me.
Best of luck!
Kupe said everything.
And one thing also, no one wants to rush to level 63 with a total of 1mil battlestats lol (thats why certain people hold level so they get stronger and then level up).
And one thing also, no one wants to rush to level 63 with a total of 1mil battlestats lol (thats why certain people hold level so they get stronger and then level up).
Level holding just paints a giant sign over your saying "Attack ME!". If you don't have the funds/time to train aggressively, then level holding is just going to slow your progress down.
I'd suggest watching your level rank and battlestats rank in the HOF. Make sure you keep them as close as possible so that people around your level will also be roughly the same battlestats.
I'd suggest watching your level rank and battlestats rank in the HOF. Make sure you keep them as close as possible so that people around your level will also be roughly the same battlestats.
if you hold and your level is 12 or under you will keep access to npc :p
you can become part of the npc gang :D
your choice though... i mean you don't get to travel or anything, but in my opinion its worth it :)
you can become part of the npc gang :D
your choice though... i mean you don't get to travel or anything, but in my opinion its worth it :)