I'm new to the game and only level 4 and I'm getting mugged and was wondering how I can prevent this or at very least the best way to not get mugged?
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 39 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Most-liked replies
- MikePence [2029670]
· 3 likes ·
YOU MUCHED COR108 AND STOLE $1
Give me your money and I'll keep it safe for you
Until you own a palace/castle/PI with a vault... your next solution could be putting money into a faction bank if you joined one. Though I warn you to be careful with this and make sure they’re genuine people. Unfortunately your level isn’t high enough to fly so you can’t store in the Cayman Islands. There’s also always the option of a company vault... Someone below mentioned it, but ghost trades can be nice with trusted friends. Lasts up to 6 hours. Can always cancel and start again.
As for preventing mugging, just keep training. As a new player if can be rough, but you will eventually be stronger and can hopefully deter *some* players.
For the time being, you can’t entirely prevent, but I’d recommend getting into a faction. And you can always marry someone (owner) with a palace/castle/Pi with a vault who may not mind you using their vault (if they have one). Be careful though because some people can be shitty of course.
Welcome to the game and hope you enjoy it, aside from the misc muggings of course :).
**This belongs in the Questions forum. Next time you can post there if you have future questions! Good luck :D
*****I keep thinking of things to add after I’ve already edited lol. If you would like to start a ghost trade with me, no problem. A lot of people tend to do that with me and I have no problems helping out other players. Just name your trade ‘Ghost’ and you can cancel it it whenever and always start again! :)
As for preventing mugging, just keep training. As a new player if can be rough, but you will eventually be stronger and can hopefully deter *some* players.
For the time being, you can’t entirely prevent, but I’d recommend getting into a faction. And you can always marry someone (owner) with a palace/castle/Pi with a vault who may not mind you using their vault (if they have one). Be careful though because some people can be shitty of course.
Welcome to the game and hope you enjoy it, aside from the misc muggings of course :).
**This belongs in the Questions forum. Next time you can post there if you have future questions! Good luck :D
*****I keep thinking of things to add after I’ve already edited lol. If you would like to start a ghost trade with me, no problem. A lot of people tend to do that with me and I have no problems helping out other players. Just name your trade ‘Ghost’ and you can cancel it it whenever and always start again! :)
Don't worry you are under my protection now, no one will much you
I listed a few ways to protect your money here:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16085699&b=0&a=0
Basically you have to put it somewhere, and not keep it on your person.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16085699&b=0&a=0
Basically you have to put it somewhere, and not keep it on your person.
Mentions: Storing Cash and Avoiding Buy-muggers
YOU MUCHED COR108 AND STOLE $1
Did you just..... Did you just give him a free merit?
Plot twist: this was an attempt to get that merit
Plot twist: this was an attempt to get that merit
Levelling up to 15 and getting stronger is the best way. Stay out of noob chat
Thanks everyone. Mods grave this pls
You can also buy a piggy bank in the mission rewards too, this stores unlimited cash. Be careful though as you only get one and can only break it once.
I missed mine and storing cash became a massive pain. Good luck!
I missed mine and storing cash became a massive pain. Good luck!
You've only been attacked & lost 2x.....
Everyone gets mugged. It's nearly impossible to avoid. The key is to protect your money.
If you don't lose money, getting mugged isn't such a bad thing. And if muggers make a lot of profit when they mug you, they will come back. If they make nothing or close to nothing, they are more likely to look for other targets.
My new player advice guide has a section on how to protect your money from muggers.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0&to=18301176
If you don't lose money, getting mugged isn't such a bad thing. And if muggers make a lot of profit when they mug you, they will come back. If they make nothing or close to nothing, they are more likely to look for other targets.
My new player advice guide has a section on how to protect your money from muggers.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0&to=18301176
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice
Graved as requested by OP