Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wall join race condition

Started by Shoresy [2268472] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Most-liked replies

Shoresy [2268472]
A race condition appears to exist when two players attempt to join an unoccupied slot on a wall at the same time.

Upon clicking an available wall slot, I noticed that someone else in my faction had beaten me to the punch. However, my status showed that I was currently assaulting a territory.

It did not appear to affect the number of ticks per second, as we controlled all 6 slots, and it was still ticking at 6 per second. I did get credit for a join, even though I received no points:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Even after the war, my assault status still persists:

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

I suspect it will clear upon flying or some other method, but it might be worth it to look into the race condition to ensure it's not exploitable in some way.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff
It looks like it happens when 2 users are joining the war at the same time. If there are free slots system adds war members to it automatically. But in this case I guess there was no free slot and you was not added and the icon and stats were added. It was fixed. Thanks.