Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

JUSTICE4JESUS

Started by Bats [1161380] on in General Discussion.

200 replies · 5.21k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 201 / 201 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Bainz [2101476]
Clearly there is more to the story not being shared. The chat with Bogie makes it sound like there was an infraction with rules that Jesus may have been involved in that he then retaliated against a new staff member when he was told to stop. The excuse of "I don't know staff" is garbage. Their names are the only red ones in chat. Also want to hear how the situation was handled by the new staff member. Could be fault on both sides.

Regardless, kick sounds fairly reasonable to me. Hit 15 and join the adults Jesus.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Good evening!

I support this motion! As a intrepid good hearted field mouse about town i would have thought that Jesus would be ok in npc.

If he really got chat banned for hosping a field mouse staff member then that is unfortunate. But i would have thought the first requirement for being a staff member is not being a field mouse in the first place ..
Thrie [148961] Moderator Official
Not a bad idea really. I mean anyone can PM any staff and get help, but a global help can help with collaborative answers. I’d upvote if it were in suggestions.
MagicCookie [2290326]
It dejavu all over again....this happened previously to a player named Tilted, which ended up making dear Tilted less interested in the game & his activity drop significantly. I believe it was suggested at that time also that chat be tied to age not level but it fell upon deaf ears then too :'(

#justiceforJesus

Mentions: Tilted [1694357]

Hcom3 [2003693]
whereby a new staff member - who Jesus had no knowledge of being staff was attacked.

Yeah, it's not like they have an icon and their name color changes or anything. It's also not like those are easily visible or anything.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
NPC should expire when the Green Leaf expires imo. Never understood why NPC has level holders allowed there. Completely undermines the name “New Player Chat”

Having said that I am struggling to see how hospitalising Staff results in a chat ban? Is there something in this story that I am missing or is this Bogies authoritarian personality kicking in overdrive? I suspect the latter.
Nightmare [1637448]
All hes got to do is level up to get global.

He shouldnt be treated special just because he is making choices different from other people.

Its up to him to remain out of global.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I like having level holders in new player chat, if they're helpful or an actual new player. Jesus is neither of those things and goes out of his way to be a disruptive influence to new players, detrimental and damaging to player retention for Torn.

We will tolerate people who remain there for that reason to a point, but as soon as someone has clearly overstayed their welcome then they get removed, this was a policy Ched set in place before me and one I very much agree with and will continue to apply. Once these bans are added they do not get removed, unfortunately the limitations of the system prevent me from putting someone in global.

As far as I am considered justice has been served, for new player chat.
EwokVillage [2075246]
Yet we have the forum trolls who do nothing but stir drama, staff who have some shady underworld dealings with furry/underage whatever, and a rule system that follows the show “Whose line is it is anyways”.


Bogie, I like you but the shit you pull is ridiculous in terms of the overall game. This shit wouldn’t fly anywhere else.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
TL:DR

Everyone you take a disliking to is “detrimental” to Torn in some shape or form. To which you react by applying “consequences” as a form of personal justice.

Yet others are free to do as they please.