Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Report Replies

Started by chuckyvoorhes [2346836] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 59 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
chuckyvoorhes [2346836]
I find it a little unnerving that report replies just are from "torn city staff" ,I would like to know who is replying to the reports,this will decrease corruption of the staff members,allow more transparency of the staff.I am totally confident that most of the staff members are drastically biased,yet I don't know who is replying to my reports therefore I am believing that the staff replying are biased and fully supportive of the people who I report to the staff members.I am completely confident that the staff replying are companions of the people who I report to the staff,yet I am guaranteeing that if any of the staff members are biased for support of me they really have no say in my punishment,yet the staff opposed to me have a lot of say in my reports therefore I can't take the staff seriously as they don't have a impartial investigation of reports
Mlkey [1915577]
So you file a report ,on a player , and because the response of the report doesn't go in your favor or how you think it should. You blame staff for being biased ? it's because of thoughts like that is the reasoning behind why it doesn't say which staff member responded to the report.
If player's knew the staff member that responded to the report and didn't like the outcome they would seek revenge on that staff member.
chuckyvoorhes [2346836]
Well I partially agree with you,though I have a lot of evidence and know that the staff are biased as I don't see low level staff like I,they are companions of the high level players who bribe the staff members
Cthulhu [1616063]
You pretty much nailed it on the head here.
It's like jury members, often their names are suppressed for their own safety.
NedSexaginta [2487741]
Dear Mrs. Chuckyvoorhees

How are you doing today? I hope you're hanging in there. I understand that it's frustrating to not see moderator action following a report, but these allegations making are very serious. Speaking as someone who recently left a different browser game partly because of staff bias, that is not a charge to be made lightly. The objective of moderation staff not disclosing their player names is to avoid the appearance of bias in reports and to prevent unscrupulous players from harassing them over rulings they disagree with. While I understand the argument for accountability, people on the Internet can be very petty, and I believe it is therefore in the best interests of Torn that our masked enforcers remain masked. We wouldn't want someone to go digging for a mod's real life information over an Internet grudge, after all. I know this isn't the reply you wanted to hear, but I hope you understand.

Thank you for your time,
NedSexaginta