Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racist much?

Started by Raja [2050692] on in Graveyard.

69 replies · 1.05k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 70 / 70 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
70
Discussion span
→
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Raja [2050692]
RowdyRaja: hey
RowdyRaja: 250k per loss hit me up
SprihA: 300k with med
RowdyRaja: ok
RowdyRaja: go for it
RowdyRaja: ?
SprihA: ?
RowdyRaja: your not hitting
RowdyRaja: I have to go soon
SprihA: sorry
RowdyRaja: ?
RowdyRaja: why you advertising when I said I buy your losse
SprihA: cz you are from india
RowdyRaja: no im not you plum
RowdyRaja: im gone get your IP address banned you racist ****
SprihA: i hate indian
RowdyRaja: even if I was, your a racist
SprihA: you guys are racist
RowdyRaja: yea go search on google what It means
Last message: 05:38:33 - 19/03/20 TCT



What an appalling behaviour! I advise you not to do business with him. He is clearly ignorant here.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
Gonna be honest, this is not the thread I thought it was going to be.

I was expecting some hardcore, in your face racism that required a lot of bleeps and bloops to censor, followed by some community hate and bounties

That's just an idiot you encountered, ignore them
oraN [1778676]
Send Bobs

edit: there might be a legit reason for the hate, maybe a bad experience, maybe something about said ethnicity that bothers him. best you can do is change his mind and if that doesn't work report for discrimination.
Mob [2251781]
And so is Taiwan and China.

I'm simply stating that from my understanding of Pakistanis and Indians, the tension between the two seems to stem from both cultural and religious reasons.

But like anything in our modern day world, one can't simply water down conflicts or tension to "this" or "that". We are to interconnected at this point that the true reasons are layered, and often times murky.

For all we know, the person OP was referring to was indeed Pakistani.

[image: media.giphy.com]
Dalzadar [2242727]
Wait until you see the players who pretend to be from a culture and country that they are not. Some of those people also even go so far as to pretend they are also female when they're not, and they engage in pretty crappy behaviour. Those people are some of the abhorrent racists in the game.
Wollongong [12833]
iirc, during the independence struggle, some general didn't agree with Ghandhi, so they had an argument and ended up splitting the former British colony between India (Ghandhi) and Pakistan.

I could be wrong, of course, but this is all I remember from that Ghandhi biografy movie I saw years back.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
It was Braitains great idea as they gave back the colony to move all hindus to India and all muslims to the new state of Pakistan...

What could go wrong...
DedeSiregar [2430598]
@wolongong & @narco
Imo humans just tend to live the life that is designed for us, blindly hate the people we are told to hate, and are easy to be manipulated by the medias and rulers.

Like when I was a kid, I lived in ghetto where the people were racist af. So me n friends threw rocks at my indo-chinese neighbour house and made fun of them for eating pork (eventho I eat pork too!) everyday. I thought that was normalcy. Until I started having chinese friends and realized they were no different than me.

My best of bestfriends is 100% indo-chinese. When we were dating his mom thought all native indonesians were lazy and gold digger. So she broke us apart. But he and I stay friends. After years she saw me building my bizz together with her son through all kinds of seasons. She now persuades us to marry to each other.

Few years ago, I thought all malaysians were bad. It was easy for me to say racist slur like "malingshit". But now my female bestie is a malaysian mom. A very religious muslim from malaysia. My whole perspective about malaysians is 100% different now.

So yeah we just need to break the prejudices and see that people are just people regardless the skin colour, education level, religion, etc. I hope in gaming especially in torn we can start fighting against some prejudices.
JoeSkull [533524]
I'm glad you made a whole damn thread about this when you could've blocked the other person. We all really needed to see this.

/Sarcasm