Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

question about APi

Started by Prezze [2121612] on in API Development.

1 replies · 144 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
70 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100

Most-liked replies

Prezze [2121612]
I am completly new to using this in google sheets. So I have a question concerning it.

I used torn api docs, to see what results I would get.

After I got what I needed I imported it in google sheets through the next method:

=importdata("https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=WHATiSELECTED&key=MYKEY")

My question now is will it make alot of api calls? Does it update daily?
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I'm pretty sure it updates once an hour. But as an heavy spreadsheet user, I'd recommend to not use the api in the spreadsheets directly. Instead use a Google Apps Script (Extra > Scripteditor) and read/process the data from there on.