Hi, I have an idea for a tool I want to program. Is it possible to monetize it without going against the rules?
Torn tool monetization
Started by Bjboy [2390819] on in Tools & Userscripts.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 55 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 54 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Kivou [2000607]
· 12 likes ·
Giving it for free is not against the rules either! - DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee
· 1 likes ·
It certainly is allowed. I'm probably the one that made the most from it already, at least the one who is most open about it. I've made nearly 6.5B on spreadsheets (monthly and weekly fees not included except renting prices) …
Yes you are allowed to ask Torn money for scripts. Just make sure your script doesn't violate the rules and you aren't allowed to ask real money.
Ok thanks
Giving it for free is not against the rules either!
Underrated message, R+ Mr YATA
It certainly is allowed.
I'm probably the one that made the most from it already, at least the one who is most open about it.
I've made nearly 6.5B on spreadsheets (monthly and weekly fees not included except renting prices) and then also about 350M on paid scripts (donations on free ones not included).
You are only allowed to if it's a Torn related program/script/spreadsheet and Torn money.
I'm probably the one that made the most from it already, at least the one who is most open about it.
I've made nearly 6.5B on spreadsheets (monthly and weekly fees not included except renting prices) and then also about 350M on paid scripts (donations on free ones not included).
You are only allowed to if it's a Torn related program/script/spreadsheet and Torn money.
The way I imagined the tool working would be to have it free for use but then have CPM ads displayed on it, much like most blogs out there.