19 replies · 213 views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
27
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100
Most-liked replies
Blue[972499]
· 6 likes · I hope the death toll is huge. I might be able to afford rent again after all this.
Lat[1187876]
· 4 likes · 1% mortality... In some demographics. In others it can be much much much higher. I'm happy with a lockdown, I'm not scared of it personally as at 27yrs old I'll most likely be fine. However, I like my grandparents alive, …
Blue[972499]
· 2 likes · OH NO! A virus with a 1 percent mortality risk! SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING! I'll take my chances.
Hello torn players Stay safe home and don't go out unless it is urgent to buy essentials things or go to pharmacy We are dealing with an invisible enemy USA, Italy, Spain and France had become more vulnerable a lot of death everyday Even in my country total lockdown 215 infected, 7 deaths and 7 recovered so far Wish you all good luck and we must pray for that virus to be gone
you would, if the migration pacts weren't intentional to exactly create the overly stimulated and manipulated housing markets, alone with laundering of money by Chinese PRC connected criminal syndicates.
Most of the dead and dying don't even own homes any longer as they were liquidated to pay the $$$$ for their nursing home "care".
But I feel your pain man. I've been bitching about the housing issue for over 10 years now, as I watch the local and regional markets to me go stupid without normal causation. My adult children are simply priced out of the buy market, and struggling in the rental market. You don't have to be in Vancouver or Toronto in Canada to be north of 50% of gross for shelter costs.
Sure some have homes, and will pontificate about how you should learn to manage money and all that. "skip the Starbucks and premium phones" they say. Well for some sure. But for many its not the case. For some their phone is their entire source of entertainment, telcomm services, and replaces other traditional purchases. To buy a decent home, as in not needing $$$ to be made liveable, you will need $50K and a household of $100K. The median household locally is <$53K.
Of course then who are buying the homes...either folks fleeing Toronto, or folks from overseas who bought their citizenship here.
Hopefully their will be a reckoning shortly for all the harm some of our own and the Chinese et al have caused Western nations, exploiting our kindness and stellar human rights. Same with our real estate industry. It was designed on a mutual trust, and reliance on professional regulatory bodies. That's non existent now, as the new breed entirely exploit everything to their advantage. A significant cultural transformation in our banking, finance, real estate, and political power brokers.
If you are interested in the topic, I can provide many links to investigations into money laundering in Canada, GDP stimulation though a manipulated real estate industry, manipulation of speculation tax laws, to push the launderers into varying geographic areas, and paving the way with casinos.
One should examine the cost of per senior care homes, and per opiate addicted rehabilitation and counselling, not to mention the typical association with criminal justice system costs. Or the GDP by sector of Canada and then compare to other G7 nations both current and historical.
There is something in that but. The elderly and ill are screwed if they get it or in deep trouble.
How many of us healthy young people live with someone who is old/ill?
At home there is 1 person who is dead if he gets this and a elderly person as well.
Im a key worker so have to goto work but im not keen on it ..
Shutting everything down is of course really bad for everybody. But if we dont try to control it a lot of people will die, more than are already dieing.
I understand why some people think it is fine to go for survival of the fittest but i think we should control it until we get a vaccine for it.
Which will of course take many months or longer.
And yes the economy is screwed that goes without saying. Many jobs wont exist anymore after this. A lot of stuff will just be online from now on when business owners see they dont 'need' shops.
Many small/medium businesses are of course finsinhed as well.
Im with you on the paid vacation thing Shame i cant have it, 80% pay would be fine for me no problem at all
The only real fix to this is a vaccine. 'free' money appearing out of 'nowhere' is of course great!
The thing is it isnt appearing out of 'nowhere' even with the government help many many many many businesses will close.
We are going to pay for it later. Many jobs not existing anymore and higher taxes.
On the lock down. We have started it so we have to finish it or there is no point. if we are all let out too soon 'the plague' will spread again.
It has to be gone or we have screwed the economy for no reason.
The thing is we wont get rid of it. Individual countries will of course get rid of it. Other countries will think its fixed and open up too soon and it will spread again ...
Its really really bad
A vaccine for the ill/elderly is the only solution this this.
Read this anyway you like. I know we are screwed and if you think about it you know as well ...
In some demographics. In others it can be much much much higher.
I'm happy with a lockdown, I'm not scared of it personally as at 27yrs old I'll most likely be fine. However, I like my grandparents alive, and my elderly neighbours hoover the landing so I really would miss them if they died off.
Dont be an arsehole, stay home and watch some godamn Disney+ like the rest of us and save the vulnerable.
there are folks without comorbidities your age dying
the death rate in Canada based upon confirmed infected is around 6%, however likely lower due to untested infected, including those that are asymptomatic.
stay home and inform yourself of all the facts including how the Chinese are at fault and intentionally infected the world.
You mean that the Chinese are responsible for all of this and much more in terms of harm to Western nations? No theory fella. Its an open air evidence heap. Not every has the capacity to appreciate.