Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Getting logged out

Started by fosco [2266129] on in Tools & Userscripts.

5 replies · 100 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
fosco [2266129]
edit: it's not the fault of the extension.. others are complaining of log out messages.


I got a torn ad for this extension earlier today: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/torn-tools/hjpaapdjcgbmeikfnahipphknonhlhib

So I trusted and installed it. Over the next ~45 minutes, I got logged out twice. That pretty much never happens. (I also run DocTorn)

This may be unrelated, or just an anecdote, but I uninstalled it. (edit: it is unrelated, i'll re-install the extension)
Mephiles [2087524]
Hey!

I am the creator of Torn Tools and stumbled on this post by accident.

I assure you that my extension does not log you out of the game. That would just be an illogical thing to do. You are free to check my code on Github.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Might have just been a weird coincidence with a bug on Torn's end or anything else.


Mephiles
fosco [2266129]
Yeah I see others having logout messages, unrelated... Sorry for the post, edited to remove the extension from the title.

Thanks!
xedx [2100735]
A few of my facmates had this same issue randomly today. Turns out I hit upon it once myself. I think it was (or still is) a periodic Torn glitch. None of us use that particular extension.
xedx [2100735]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16153297&b=0&a=0

We're in the process of upgrading PHP to the latest version on all of our webservers, we've been testing it for a few months and now attempting to roll it out. Sessions are not compatible between versions, so as we switch between them users are logged out.