Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

chains

Started by WeAllFloat [2215970] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
WeAllFloat [2215970]
I noticed that hitting your chain mark is hard, when you have a lot of faction members on different time zones.
I think a timed chain would be a good idea. You have 12 hours to complete your factions chain. Each member can select either EST or PST.
PST will hit their number, and EST will hit theirs, Chain Complete.
I cant even express how hard it is to get all member on at the same time, i mean even offering cash rewards (100k per hit) doesnt seem to be working.
and if this isnt feasible, than maybe adding more time to before a cooldown starts would be a good idea as well.

Just some thoughts...
Joseph [2234175]
You do know there are more than two time zones on the planet right? And PST and EST are only 3 hours difference between them.

You don't need everyone on at the same time to complete a chain, you just need more active players who know how to chain and want the faction to succeed.

It seems to me like this idea would make completing a chain even more difficult. Because you'd have to coordinate the PST and EST time zones.
Kthonic [2328556]
Saying that you just need more active players is kind of a weak response when you're, and we are, talking about factions that have people from all around the globe. Sure more active people would be great for anyone, but some of us have active players, they just happen to live on the other side of the world. He just gave EST and PST as examples, there's any number of ways that the chain system could be changed to be more intuitive to multi-national factions. We have some people where it would be 3am for them when it's only 5p here. It just seems like you saw EST and PST and disregarded the rest. The 12 hour window is the key factor of this suggestion and you just completely rolled past it.
Rattlerbite [2271899]
I think we all have this problem but for me I chain with who is available at the time the chain starts however some members are sleeping at this time so what I do is I wait for them to log on (I hardly ever sleep) I then chain with them I try to get everyone involved and for the ones that don't chain at all I send them packing im not a large faction but im hands on and like to keep everyone involved or if they can not make the mandatory chaining times I chain with them when they have the time and count that as their obligation to the mandatory chain I know not everyone can do this but it works for us
Joseph [2234175]
it is not a weak response it is the only response . And having a 12-hour window where chain is guaranteed not to break is just a dumb idea and it's not going to happen.