How effective are temporary weapons in an attack?
Using temporary weapons in an attack
Started by Lucas_Franks [2530947] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 23
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
Most-liked replies
- No_yolo_plz [1889385]
· 7 likes ·
Lazy :P
Pretty effective, stat reduction temps or stat boosting buffs do make/break a fight.
can be very if used correctly. I'll let someone more articulate explain
Whats the best way of using them? and what's the best things to use?
pepper spray?
grenades?
You use them straight away...?
pepper spray?
grenades?
You use them straight away...?
Pepper spray is a good example.
Pepper spray lasts for 18 seconds and reduces your opponent's dexterity (making them easier to hit)
Since a fight automatically ends after 25 turns, I usually use them straight away and spam as many attacks before the effect expires.
Factions would usually recommend smoke grenades as a defensive options.
They last for 3 minutes and reduces your opponent's speed (making it harder for your opponent to hit you)
Because they last for 3 minutes, if your initial fight expires early, when you do a 2nd attack attempt (last long as its within the 3 minutes of when the smoke was used) the effect would remain, which you or another person can take advantage of.
Pepper spray lasts for 18 seconds and reduces your opponent's dexterity (making them easier to hit)
Since a fight automatically ends after 25 turns, I usually use them straight away and spam as many attacks before the effect expires.
Factions would usually recommend smoke grenades as a defensive options.
They last for 3 minutes and reduces your opponent's speed (making it harder for your opponent to hit you)
Because they last for 3 minutes, if your initial fight expires early, when you do a 2nd attack attempt (last long as its within the 3 minutes of when the smoke was used) the effect would remain, which you or another person can take advantage of.
Lazy :P
It's late in the UK, if no ones done it in the morning I will.
If you need them, it's best to use them at the start of the fight, but be sure to make as many hits as possible before the debuff runs out, as the duration of the debuff ticks down in real-time.
Depends, sometimes a good tactic can be to wait with your temps until your target uses one, so you can use your own after it expires in battle.
Excellent info
I like the defensive angle of the smoke
I like the defensive angle of the smoke
When your at my level, waiting means dead lol
Nah, someone will always be stronger than you here on Torn.
Tactics matter at each stage and level, no matter the odds.
Tactics matter at each stage and level, no matter the odds.
What about grenades? How do they work?
Basically, use Flash when attacking and smokes for defending, so switch them when needed.
Those 2 can't be blocked in current mechanics, while Pepperspray or Teargas can be while wearing either a Motorcycle Helmet or Welding Helmet.
The former lowers Speed, the latter Dex, if not blocked of course.
Those 2 can't be blocked in current mechanics, while Pepperspray or Teargas can be while wearing either a Motorcycle Helmet or Welding Helmet.
The former lowers Speed, the latter Dex, if not blocked of course.
Now I know what the helmets are for and why they are so expensive!
At your level and NW I'd only use pepper spray.
You'd be better off putting your money into candy and ecstacy for training rather than pricier temps.
You'd be better off putting your money into candy and ecstacy for training rather than pricier temps.
thanks for the advice. I do have a crate of grenades though. I have only made a small number of attacks so far and not lost many but the ones I lost I was wondering shall I go back with a grenade haha.