Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Messages not working

Started by Beltalowda [2371424] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 49 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100

Most-liked replies

Beltalowda [2371424]
I can't send messages. When I click on the box to type, nothing happens. I can type a subject line. But nothing in the message box. This has been haphazard. Mostly not working. I managed to reply to someone once. Then it stopped working again. I rarely use the messaging system. I've been trying to send my complete crossword for awhile now. Pixie has tried sending me a message to which I would reply. But that's not fixing it.
I'm on desktop. Firefox.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Can you please try logging out of your account, clearing your browser cache and logging back in? That should hopefully resolve the issue.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I cannot reproduce the issue, The message box works fine for me on Firefox:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Is your issue limited to messaging just a single person or to everyone? Can you perhaps try using a different browser to check if that works for you?
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
This sounds like missing Javascript issues. do you have some kind of extension or adblock enabled preventing you from receiving/running JS?

(actually i misunderstood: you can see the msgbox, which means that it loaded in... but still would be good to know if you have some kind of extension/adblock that we are not aware of)
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Please try disabling all adblocker, extensions and user scripts and see if you can recreate the issue.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Closing report due to non-response. Please file a new report if it is still an issue for you.