Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Limited API keys

Started by Peste84 [2297671] on in API Development.

2 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
Peste84 [2297671]
Hello,

I would like to be able to create limited API keys for security purposes.
I don't trust every script or service I come along and I would love to be able to create a new key which only gives access to the fields I allow.
Speaking of which, the ability to create multiple keys and observing what those keys do would help already.

For example, no everyone needs to know about my Networth or Stats...

kind regards,
Peste
Lugburz [2386297]
There is a suggestion thread for this: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16123202&b=0&a=0
Peste84 [2297671]
oh thanks. I didn't see that.
So the only thing this would add is the limitation of new keys. e.g.. a new key which only allows the query of faction details.


EDIT: nevermind, its in the comments of the other thread.