The're posting an announcement of the Mafia 1 remake. If rumors are correct the game itself is coming out on 28th of August this year. I've only player Mafia 1 a little bit, but Mafia 2 is, by far, one of my favorite games. Is anyone else as excited as I am about this??
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Authority score
- 6 / 100
- Historical score
- 12 / 100
- Story score
- 21 / 100
- Engagement score
- 38 / 100
Yay, another remake... So glad that AAA gaming studios have gone the way of Hollywood movies now.
Personally i always seen Mafia and Saints Row as bad versions of GTA. Mafia does tend to have a somehow decent story, and it is in a different time period, but when it comes to playability it always felt short for me personally.
So, i would say, any remake of the game is a pass for me. I've had Mafia 3 for at least 2 years now, and haven't even installed it.
So, i would say, any remake of the game is a pass for me. I've had Mafia 3 for at least 2 years now, and haven't even installed it.
The first Mafia is an absolute classic. The fact that its getting the remake treatment the same way Final Fantasy VII and Resident Evil 2 has is something to definitely be excited about.
I'd most certainly not put Mafia up there as a GTA clone. Either way, I can see why people are very excited for this. Mafia 1 is one of my fondest gaming memories as a kid. Playing through it again, but this time with all the detail and graphic fidelity we've come to expect in 2020 will be very special and memorable, to say the least.
EDIT: I'd also like to point out that it's a good thing that game engines, and game development in general, are at a point where older games can be brought back with more ease, whether it be a remake or remaster, for a new generation to experience.
Considering that the current generation of consoles are more true to computers than ever before.. once the game is updated to run on say, the PS4, it won't have to be done again because of how the console generations will be going forward.
I'd most certainly not put Mafia up there as a GTA clone. Either way, I can see why people are very excited for this. Mafia 1 is one of my fondest gaming memories as a kid. Playing through it again, but this time with all the detail and graphic fidelity we've come to expect in 2020 will be very special and memorable, to say the least.
EDIT: I'd also like to point out that it's a good thing that game engines, and game development in general, are at a point where older games can be brought back with more ease, whether it be a remake or remaster, for a new generation to experience.
Considering that the current generation of consoles are more true to computers than ever before.. once the game is updated to run on say, the PS4, it won't have to be done again because of how the console generations will be going forward.
I'm iove Mafia 2
The only Mafia I've played was 3, and I thought it sucked. To be fair, most people I know tend to say that 3 is the worst, so I should probably give 1 and 2 a try at least.