Are there scripts or extensions in circulation that notify the user instantly who has just arrived at certain destinations? ie. Cayman Islands, Switzerland.
Arrival Scripts
Started by BRODIE [912880] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
DocTorn has stakeouts that tell when player is online, land abroad, etc.
Use the DocTorn Plugin on PC
Will DocTorn work for random players, or only ones that you are staking out?
I thought those were illegal.
Only ones that you are staking out, I believe.
However it's easy to add anyone to stakeout.
However it's easy to add anyone to stakeout.
Notifications of random players landing would be illegal, just refresh the player page...
Doctorn
Specific player you have on stake out. But takes random 30 seconds to ping API number.
Legal. Because of that 30 seconds I told you about.
There. I answered all question and comments
Specific player you have on stake out. But takes random 30 seconds to ping API number.
Legal. Because of that 30 seconds I told you about.
There. I answered all question and comments
Thanks Guys! I got slapped within 15 seconds of landing in Caymans without being staked. I figured I was either extremely unlucky or there was a way for instant alerts.
it's not illegal to use stakeout, years ago, there's a field in the public API that tells everyone how long you take to land to the seconds. that would be scary.
How stakeout works is it checks the API and see your status, doctorn's API pull is once every 30 seconds.
Anyway, at the end of the day, it is cayman, people goes there to deposit money. There are plenty of muggers goes there to prey on people depositing money, does a few heists, flies away. You're just unlucky I supposed.
How stakeout works is it checks the API and see your status, doctorn's API pull is once every 30 seconds.
Anyway, at the end of the day, it is cayman, people goes there to deposit money. There are plenty of muggers goes there to prey on people depositing money, does a few heists, flies away. You're just unlucky I supposed.
EDIT: The below information is wrong. 30 seconds is the fastest refresh offered now. Sorry 'bout that.
You can change the API refresh rate in Doctorn Settings. When I wanted to join a Duke fight, I staked him out and increased it to every 10 seconds (notify if life under 99%). Bazaar muggers waiting for you to land in torn would probably speed up the API refresh rate.
Faster API refresh increases bandwidth. This could be bad if you pay for bandwidth.
I like the 30 second rate most of the time, but if I had great internet I would probably dial it up to 5 seconds.
You can change the API refresh rate in Doctorn Settings. When I wanted to join a Duke fight, I staked him out and increased it to every 10 seconds (notify if life under 99%). Bazaar muggers waiting for you to land in torn would probably speed up the API refresh rate.
Faster API refresh increases bandwidth. This could be bad if you pay for bandwidth.
I like the 30 second rate most of the time, but if I had great internet I would probably dial it up to 5 seconds.
somehow... mine has a lower limit of 30 secs. i wanted 1 pull per second. lol.
I went to the change log of doctorn to confirm that API pull was nerfed. I doubt you can do 6 pulls a min unless you're using the old doctorn. Anyway, you could also write your own script to do 60 pulls per minute if you really want. :p
[image: i.imgur.com]
I went to the change log of doctorn to confirm that API pull was nerfed. I doubt you can do 6 pulls a min unless you're using the old doctorn. Anyway, you could also write your own script to do 60 pulls per minute if you really want. :p
[image: i.imgur.com]
Api max is 30 seconds regardless how much you put it there. Morethan 30 seconds not possible or illegal. I had confirmed this with mr Mauk (i feel odd to call him just Mauk lol). Mind you the 30 seconds api ping is not accelerated with Torn clock.
Anything faster than 30 seconds means they sit at your profile or refresh.
N like others said muggers are sitting in cayman refreshing page over and ovet.
Anything faster than 30 seconds means they sit at your profile or refresh.
N like others said muggers are sitting in cayman refreshing page over and ovet.
You are right, I just tried it and can't go more often than 30 seconds. I'm sorry about the old information. I'm sure I had it set to a faster speed in the past.
But that costs bandwidth for Doctorn and Torn which ultimately costs money for both.
But that costs bandwidth for Doctorn and Torn which ultimately costs money for both.
DoctorN has the 30 seconds limit because Torn API has a 30 seconds cache. Which means that if you make 2 consecutive calls to an endpoint with time difference of less than 30 seconds b/w them it will return cached/old data. Which is why DoctorN was hardcoded to make lowest interval as 30 seconds. You can spam the server, but you will just be getting old data.
By setting it to 10 seconds, all you are doing is increasing server load and getting yourself delayed data.
By setting it to 10 seconds, all you are doing is increasing server load and getting yourself delayed data.
You're probably right. I probably never set it to 10 seconds. I take a LOT of LSD. I have problems... Queshionable memory is only one sthympthom.
Wait, you telling me anyone can get my Torn API? Then what is the point of even having one?
negative, what I was saying that there is public information on from the Torn API like faction, basic information, status. Anyone can access these public pieces of information with their API keys.
Thank you for the clarification, I never did understand or trust information freely exchanged with this key.
I see, try this
go to https://www.torn.com/api.html# and put in your API key. (This is legitly torn's website)
Expand under user, under selection put in "basic" and click on "Try it!"
You'll see your public data, remember that these are public data. Shows your level, gender, id, name... etc
the following screenshots show what you can see, what you can't see.
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
I will need your API key to know your private information, but things that are not private, like your status, it is easily accessible via anyone's API key
Try it, it's fun. :3
go to https://www.torn.com/api.html# and put in your API key. (This is legitly torn's website)
Expand under user, under selection put in "basic" and click on "Try it!"
You'll see your public data, remember that these are public data. Shows your level, gender, id, name... etc
the following screenshots show what you can see, what you can't see.
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
I will need your API key to know your private information, but things that are not private, like your status, it is easily accessible via anyone's API key
Try it, it's fun. :3