Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Returning Players

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.

85 replies · 1.64k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 86 / 86 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
86
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Badger [429478] ×1

CRLF [2095076]
Every day, players return after a short absence. Occasionally, players return after being away an extended time.

Here are a few people who have been away since before 2019 and have recently returned.


Thur 05:12:00- 04/06/2020

I figured out that I could find players who've returned any time since February by comparing to a backup copy of the database.

Here are returning players who last logged on prior to 1/1/2019 and are level 50 or higher

OR

last logged on a year ago and are level 90 or higher

Must have also logged on since 1-May-2020, so those who logged on once in Feb won't be listed.

Some like hydr0 are not listed because they logged on in the gap (hydr0 logged on Dec 2019)

Sorted by their last action before going inactive.
prev last actionNumIDplayernameagelevelranklast_action
12/30/2010 3:52:53 PM173434chronicles534952Outstanding Buster5/21/2020 2:49:54 PM
5/10/2012 3:27:44 AM429712Z-KnighT483253Outstanding Nudist5/30/2020 3:33:50 AM
7/15/2012 3:49:56 AM1075451unknownguy412852Outstanding Buster5/31/2020 11:05:41 PM
5/28/2013 6:35:46 AM18066Philster557454Celebrity Hoarder5/7/2020 11:08:39 AM
2/21/2014 10:28:07 AM66956695561662Idolized Slayer5/12/2020 12:24:30 PM
3/7/2014 9:52:15 PM588389Insomniac_Gamer457750Master Tank5/31/2020 9:50:56 PM
8/17/2014 8:40:34 AM215544HugoSantos527051Star Tank5/31/2020 8:47:29 PM
9/12/2014 1:31:42 AM310288aFakeTeddy510550Master Trader5/31/2020 10:39:54 PM
10/15/2014 12:44:56 AM258526Ardoneye519455Outstanding Bondsman6/1/2020 12:07:26 AM
11/4/2014 9:20:24 AM1301378MinBoeA395072Champion Boxer6/1/2020 12:47:25 AM
11/24/2014 7:55:26 PM939685dannycoop429851Outstanding Socialite5/31/2020 10:27:44 PM
11/25/2014 2:01:29 AM284602Yankee_Rose515360Champion Merchant6/1/2020 12:42:55 AM
12/21/2014 1:59:35 PM638316Scarecrowno453181Champion Punchbag5/31/2020 10:02:46 PM
2/1/2015 7:28:10 PM863676Tratz439251Celebrity Socialite6/1/2020 12:26:36 AM
2/11/2015 6:27:45 AM943055Pleasantness429350Celebrity Antagonist5/31/2020 10:48:27 PM
3/4/2015 6:28:24 PM467446Jayuk473958Outstanding Buster6/1/2020 12:01:07 AM
4/11/2015 5:19:52 AM178736TheRedHood534157Champion Tank5/31/2020 9:02:03 PM
4/18/2015 5:11:50 AM449676WooWarWar478283Heroic Hoarder5/31/2020 3:17:52 PM
6/13/2015 4:25:16 PM443747Thunderboy479851Outstanding Investor5/31/2020 10:58:53 PM
6/28/2015 7:29:35 AM282863Wing515750Outstanding Felon6/1/2020 1:32:02 AM
8/10/2015 5:54:28 PM31861Tom_Riddle554565Idolized Samaritan5/31/2020 1:02:39 AM
8/20/2015 11:09:56 PM177339Snare534450Outstanding Tank6/1/2020 12:24:05 AM
10/11/2015 5:50:24 AM485219wailedekim471462Supreme Nudist6/1/2020 12:21:03 AM
10/31/2015 8:29:11 PM151416Bubbs536973Heroic Tycoon6/1/2020 1:25:53 AM
11/4/2015 4:22:48 PM318503White_Bat508851Outstanding Buster5/31/2020 4:37:46 PM
11/7/2015 10:24:12 PM1716475MrMajesticBird263758Master Jobsworth6/1/2020 12:39:20 AM
11/9/2015 6:22:50 AM7012DarkGhost561669Champion Punchbag5/31/2020 11:29:16 PM
11/11/2015 6:10:01 PM181340TheAlphaMale533664Idolized Hoarder5/31/2020 9:43:10 PM
1/31/2016 11:15:27 PM1558328repto329169Champion Intimidator5/31/2020 9:35:12 PM
2/8/2016 8:50:41 PM39286Urbanstrike553159Heroic Punchbag6/1/2020 12:08:14 AM
2/11/2016 8:47:07 PM1127570range541585Heroic Punchbag5/31/2020 10:53:14 PM
3/16/2016 9:21:51 PM1481277MilkyPudding356255Celebrity Trader5/5/2020 12:12:24 PM
3/24/2016 2:09:21 AM847408OpGhost441550Idolized Intimidator5/31/2020 12:02:41 PM
4/30/2016 3:31:07 AM45120miskan552052Master Punchbag5/31/2020 9:58:29 PM
5/5/2016 6:33:15 PM1531940SGeek340260Outstanding Tycoon5/25/2020 4:27:33 PM
5/7/2016 10:56:53 AM177091Nick_the_Greek534350Master Samaritan5/2/2020 12:31:56 PM
5/11/2016 7:18:50 PM887604TheCunningStunt435870Idolized Merchant5/11/2020 8:41:07 AM
6/17/2016 12:05:10 PM437166Sparker481352Master Tank5/7/2020 2:12:30 PM
6/20/2016 5:53:09 AM1361985Jobsworth385657Supreme Booster5/31/2020 4:02:17 PM
6/28/2016 7:34:27 AM377495Batzilla493655Outstanding Samaritan5/30/2020 2:31:18 PM
7/8/2016 5:10:16 PM1746689Catharsis253567Celebrity Outcast5/31/2020 9:57:05 PM
7/12/2016 9:29:01 AM795978Pink_Fairy442761Idolized Slayer6/1/2020 1:16:46 AM
7/15/2016 9:16:21 AM1003202iky421352Star Merchant5/31/2020 10:48:56 PM
8/5/2016 12:02:34 AM1080773Entrepreneur412674Champion Merchant6/1/2020 12:45:10 AM
8/22/2016 5:05:05 AM972078LordHarewood425979Champion Merchant5/31/2020 7:23:00 PM
9/21/2016 2:21:31 PM1863612O_Sikk_07211250Master Alcoholic5/31/2020 7:20:09 PM
10/11/2016 12:18:02 PM461370Darkspade90475058Celebrity Booster5/5/2020 5:16:05 AM
10/13/2016 9:06:49 PM286426Lord_imaster514960Outstanding Slayer5/6/2020 11:32:33 PM
1/25/2017 7:52:52 PM48947He1d1551356Celebrity Outcast5/31/2020 2:52:45 AM
1/30/2017 11:04:14 AM980358Smok3yDragon424753Master Booster6/1/2020 12:47:01 AM
2/2/2017 12:32:04 AM494502NoComply470183Heroic Buster6/1/2020 12:40:59 AM
2/3/2017 6:43:40 AM46969D_Dub551750Celebrity Socialite6/1/2020 12:08:45 AM
3/14/2017 1:51:43 AM496488Trippy469855Outstanding Tourist6/1/2020 12:59:41 AM
4/19/2017 5:24:54 PM1372584Superstylin383250Master Slayer5/31/2020 7:03:26 PM
5/19/2017 9:01:32 AM1044678Truffle_Shuffle414260Supreme Hitman5/31/2020 11:06:36 PM
6/2/2017 12:58:32 PM490237SkibadeeQUIT470653Outstanding Slayer5/12/2020 1:40:56 PM
6/13/2017 8:37:51 PM109408Katha541867Idolized Booster5/20/2020 9:05:37 PM
6/14/2017 3:42:29 PM1670169Herodotus281876Champion Healer6/1/2020 12:51:37 AM
6/21/2017 5:44:10 PM62390sinestro548452Celebrity Felon5/31/2020 6:37:01 PM
7/13/2017 4:28:10 AM166019_Ds_535663Idolized Thief5/31/2020 10:57:22 PM
8/24/2017 11:21:02 AM877659Wheelz437251Master Socialite5/3/2020 10:17:16 PM
8/25/2017 9:03:05 AM350355PadanFain501458Celebrity Slayer5/14/2020 8:00:13 AM
8/27/2017 12:06:31 AM1178822AcidAngel407150Supreme Antagonist5/23/2020 10:50:08 PM
9/20/2017 8:52:52 PM1437878Sacrefice366650Celebrity Nudist6/1/2020 12:22:28 AM
10/7/2017 5:42:28 AM1839194Tapeworm225261Master Thief6/1/2020 12:36:35 AM
10/9/2017 9:07:55 AM72535DENVER546765Idolized Felon5/24/2020 6:28:50 PM
10/15/2017 8:08:19 AM1711541adventurelw265477Heroic Tourist6/1/2020 1:30:19 AM
11/20/2017 9:50:30 PM313482Evil_Fast509858Supreme Punchbag5/25/2020 12:36:32 AM
11/21/2017 5:06:09 AM1483968Nightreaver355865Supreme Merchant5/24/2020 7:11:42 AM
12/18/2017 1:15:53 PM913622KingG432853Outstanding Tank5/12/2020 11:12:06 AM
8/1/2018 7:29:38 AM990492kyoo423291Heroic Punchbag5/21/2020 5:48:37 AM
8/3/2018 4:26:39 AM75035-JAcKsTer-5464100Legendary Punchbag5/27/2020 11:35:52 PM
1/26/2019 12:18:53 AM182146tonchikapa533390Legendary Investor5/15/2020 11:30:00 PM
1/26/2019 10:47:53 PM271642JRawR517491Legendary Punchbag5/31/2020 10:52:53 PM
2/14/2019 7:26:30 PM1866312OneArmedHermit208793Heroic Buster6/1/2020 1:07:15 AM
4/8/2019 2:51:31 PM1654931thestud286798Elite Sage5/31/2020 9:35:04 PM
4/23/2019 4:45:43 AM360957MeanBiceps498599Legendary Soldier5/31/2020 3:49:59 PM
4/23/2019 5:24:31 AM215495Kuklinkski5269100Elite Bondsman5/20/2020 1:34:01 PM
mrtowelhead [421718]
So this is based entirely off the gap between now and their previous login? Fair enough I guess but it misses out all the people that logged in from time to time but haven't played.

For example, I came back in Feb, after not playing since 2013.

https://www.torn.com/personalstats.php?ID=421718&stats=useractivity&from=All

Could you make a similar table based off actual playtime? although i guess that would only give you back to Dec 2011, so it would miss some of the true extent, like mr 08 up there.
mrtowelhead [421718]
I know its not a contest, I just mean there are a lot of returning players, that aren't on the list :P SpeedSkater has just come back too, and I assume many others. That's why I asked about the possibility of a different metric.
CRLF [2095076]
This metric will, going forward, work fine. I just started using it, and I have to catch the returning players at one specific point of my data refresh

It will only catch the ones who have joined a company or faction, though occasionally I might be able to pick up ones that have not joined either.
slap [2478831]
More interesting facts. Looks like some people found Torn again maybe because of quarantine.
PimpChu [1284243]
yeah this isnt really a true indicator. it appears almost all of them are less than casual players.

As mrtowelhead said, a fairer indication would be playtime.

i think of more interest would be those who have been well known who have recently come back. the SpeedSkateR's the mrtowelheads, even myself. names that would be instantly recognizable to most people.

with all due respect, i dont think anyone cares that jhughes12 with his 14hrs of game time in almost 12 years is back
SpeedSkateR [10106]
I’m just here to say I’m back after 7 years of inactivity. I found an old SUN faction letter I wrote after my parents mailed me a box of Corona spring cleaning (in case any is dying to know why).
SpeedSkateR [10106]
Don’t judge me, I was 15 when I started. We were all a little extra intense in those days xD. Apparently I wanted to write out my faction letter.
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]
I know why you actually wrote that letter.

I used to write long posts and mails. If you didn't post quickly, you would be logged out and lose everything. Very, very frustrating.

edit: I, too would love to see that letter.