Noticed I didn’t receive subscriber gifts this month, so I checked my “Star” and it shows me as a donator, rather than a subscriber. I’ve been a subscriber for years and have changed nothing. Can someone check what happened?
Subscriber status?
Started by Ridgeback [2015242] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 7
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
Hi, this dropped on the 19th of May so unfortunately I am limited in what I can do. What is appears that happened is the payment with Amazon failed to clear and was stuck in "pending" - I have spoken …
Did you receive any event about your Subscriber status getting cancelled?
I did not.
maybe you used an old card to pay for it that has expired? and as such not renewed your subscription?
No event or notice. Any help here?
Confirming for Joshua. Thanks..!
Hi, this dropped on the 19th of May so unfortunately I am limited in what I can do.
What is appears that happened is the payment with Amazon failed to clear and was stuck in "pending" - I have spoken with Dima to add an event for these kinds of scenarios so it won't be an issue in the future.
Can you check your account to see the status here please? Amazon will not give us the exact reason for why this would occur, but an expired card is usually the most likely scenario.
If you wish not to post any details here that's obviously absolutely fine - either mail me in game or at payments@torn.com please.
What is appears that happened is the payment with Amazon failed to clear and was stuck in "pending" - I have spoken with Dima to add an event for these kinds of scenarios so it won't be an issue in the future.
Can you check your account to see the status here please? Amazon will not give us the exact reason for why this would occur, but an expired card is usually the most likely scenario.
If you wish not to post any details here that's obviously absolutely fine - either mail me in game or at payments@torn.com please.
I don’t see anything in my US Amazon account. Torn processes using Amazon UK and the only time I’ve gone there is for Torn transactions. I didn’t get any emails or notices outside of Torn. I’ll look and see what I can see.
If you've changed your account details or bank recently, or if there's been suspicious activity, it could have been flagged for fraud checks by Amazon/your financial institution.
Because we're a UK based company (with a UK bank and Amazon account as a result) we occasionally see issues with players overseas (particularly US, Chase bank is especially temperamental with this for example) trying to use Amazon, the transaction gets blocked by your bank as a result of restrictions on international transactions for digital goods - speaking with your bank can usually resolve this, or alternatively I'd suggest trying PayPal.
Because we're a UK based company (with a UK bank and Amazon account as a result) we occasionally see issues with players overseas (particularly US, Chase bank is especially temperamental with this for example) trying to use Amazon, the transaction gets blocked by your bank as a result of restrictions on international transactions for digital goods - speaking with your bank can usually resolve this, or alternatively I'd suggest trying PayPal.
Just checked the Amazon UK account. It doesn’t show my Torn transactions, but the card on file looks fine. No clue what happened. What should I do now?
If you wish to remain a subscriber the easiest option will be to cancel the existing one via the donator house and set up a new one either trying Amazon again or using PayPal, I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.
I don’t see a cancel option on the page. Just a “days remaining.” Can you make me whole on the subscriber gifts I missed?
Unfortunately because of the date at which this expired I cannot do that, you've received all the relevant subscriber items that you'd paid towards.
Bogie, that’s very disappointing. I’ve been a subscriber since my first or second day in the game. Apparently due to a glitch for which I received (and still cannot see) any notification on any platform. After checking my Amazon account, there is no indication that the explanation offered above is correct (card on file is years from expiring). I brought it up the minute I was aware of the issue. This is a customer service issue and as a good customer who has paid Torn for over three years, I’m asking you to take steps to make the mistake right.
I’ve taken a few days to consider this and I’m only more frustrated. I took all the steps I could reasonably take to pay for those benefits. Due to 1) a glitch in the payment system arranged by Torn, and 2) the failure of the game itself to render a notification of the end of the subscription I had no opportunity to take steps to fix the problem. Immediately upon realizing there was a problem, I notified staff here, effectively saying “hey, I tried to give you money but something beyond my control happened. Help me give you money?” As I mentioned, I’ve been a subscriber since the start. I’m clearly not trying to pull some kind of scam. It’s appropriate as a matter of customer service that you give me the subscriber benefits for which I did everything I could to pay for.
Due to the nature of the subscription system itself I cannot credit you the perks for these when the sub ran out at the time it did, sorry. I can look at some form of compensation but it can't be from the subscription pool itself.
I’m interested to hear what form of compensation you would consider.
I’m still interested.