Does anyone else have/had any issues accessing torn through anything other than WiFi? It’s becoming a real pain when I’m stuck at work and can’t access anything. I’ve cleared cache and tried through the app, chrome & safari
Issues accessing torn on cellular
Started by LBaz [1462495] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 24 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
I keep getting Error 503 (or 504) when trying to use mobile :(
I usually get that error when I transition from WiFi to cell data. I don’t have issues on it and works well. Perhaps maybe it is the service in your area of work depending on the material of the building can be delaying signal to your device.
No problems over here for me.
Have you ever been able to access Torn via your mobile data connection? If it’s never worked, it could be a restriction on your mobile service provider, preventing you via a policy. Some service providers have web filtering in place by default.
That being said I’ve not heard of one that would block connections to Torn by default. That being said that’s only a potential cause if you’ve never been able to get onto Torn when on mobile data.
If you do drop connection whilst youve got an active session going you may get kicked out with an error.
Have you ever been able to access Torn via your mobile data connection? If it’s never worked, it could be a restriction on your mobile service provider, preventing you via a policy. Some service providers have web filtering in place by default.
That being said I’ve not heard of one that would block connections to Torn by default. That being said that’s only a potential cause if you’ve never been able to get onto Torn when on mobile data.
If you do drop connection whilst youve got an active session going you may get kicked out with an error.
Okay, what is your cell provider, phone type, and do you have any cell data usage limit/restrictions??
You are probably getting a bad cell connection. Sometimes I will get full bars 4g lte, but the connection speed is still terrible.
My home is a suburb/rural area, I get full bars there, but when I test the connection it is significantly slower than full bars at my work place, which is a city area.
I suggest testing your connection in different areas, and with/without wifi, you will probably see the difference.
My home is a suburb/rural area, I get full bars there, but when I test the connection it is significantly slower than full bars at my work place, which is a city area.
I suggest testing your connection in different areas, and with/without wifi, you will probably see the difference.
iPhone 10, unlimited data, never had a problem accessing torn until a few weeks ago, I’m in the UK & usually always in London. When torn isn’t working on cellular I never have a problem accessing or streaming anything else
What network are you on? So does Torn sometimes work on when using your data?
I've had flakiness with O2 before, but recently moved to Plusnet which seems a lot more stable.
I've had flakiness with O2 before, but recently moved to Plusnet which seems a lot more stable.
I’m on 3, and over the past few weeks, maybe a month, it’s been on and off, got worse over the last week, & the last few days I get nothing. It’s just been a white screen.