Hey guys. Right now I’m focusing on my strength. I keep on using my E and training it. Is there any stats I should Ignore?
Training one stat
Started by blooded_56 [2229530] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- kYo [2106640]
· 4 likes ·
I did the opposite of what Kelsie said. I went for Def/Dex right after Force Training at Balboas gym. My stats were around 100k each for all 4. When I hit George, my str and spd were still 100k, my …
No, you should train them all. Don't have to be exactly equal, but shouldn't abandon any one, either.
^ what site said. I personally balance. If you aren’t going to balance, okay. But I know so many people who left stats behind, and now are spending a lot of time trying to bring them back up. I’d suggest at least balancing them all up to a certain point, then branching off into whatever direction you choose.
You generally want to train at least 3 stats. Strength isn’t very useful if you don’t have enough speed to hit an opponent. You also don’t want to get beat by some scrub because you don’t have any sort of defensive stat.
What site said is correct. It especially runs true when you're a new player.
You want to get all your stats up to the stat cap of 50m per stat. Once you hit that, your gains are linear.
You want to get all your stats up to the stat cap of 50m per stat. Once you hit that, your gains are linear.
I did the opposite of what Kelsie said. I went for Def/Dex right after Force Training at Balboas gym. My stats were around 100k each for all 4.
When I hit George, my str and spd were still 100k, my def and dex were 220m and240m
Con: Can't beat anyone at my age with 100k strength and 100k speed.
Pro: Anyone at my age can't beat me with 200m def and 200m dex. lol
This also holds my happy jump to around 600+ days old which now I'm wealthier, Happy Jumping at George is more effective.
On hindsight, I would still do the same, but instead of def/dex, I would go str/spd. But I might change my mind if a level 10 managed to beat the hell out of me. But eventually, you should still get them all balanced.
When I hit George, my str and spd were still 100k, my def and dex were 220m and240m
Con: Can't beat anyone at my age with 100k strength and 100k speed.
Pro: Anyone at my age can't beat me with 200m def and 200m dex. lol
This also holds my happy jump to around 600+ days old which now I'm wealthier, Happy Jumping at George is more effective.
On hindsight, I would still do the same, but instead of def/dex, I would go str/spd. But I might change my mind if a level 10 managed to beat the hell out of me. But eventually, you should still get them all balanced.
I was toying with the idea of if it would be fun to make a character that had just dumb def stats only. I think it would be entertaining personally to just tick people off into attacking you and watching them fail over and over to even land a blow. Would have to make the profile pic ultra instinct shaggy though.
I did pretty much the same, only my str/spd were a few mil each.
Should've pointed out that being balanced ish is the long-term goal. Can sacrifice balance temporarily for short-terms gains (mostly till you unlock better gyms).
Should've pointed out that being balanced ish is the long-term goal. Can sacrifice balance temporarily for short-terms gains (mostly till you unlock better gyms).
Training stats is great but it all depends on your activity and how you choose to play the game. Some enjoy being healers, some like running companies and others enjoy warring.
I personally went Str first and had my Str at 62m while my others were at 1m ea. Now I’m slowly maxing out my other stats and I was fortunate enough to get a Dex 30% gym gains book which I will save till my Dex is capped.
I’d recommend doing Three stats at the moment and then train your fourth one when you get the Happiness book so your happiness can remain at 99k and then you can happy jump non-stop. Like I said the configurations are however you choose to do it.
In the end, this is your choice and I would seek with the elders in your faction on their opinion as well. Wish ya best of luck !
I personally went Str first and had my Str at 62m while my others were at 1m ea. Now I’m slowly maxing out my other stats and I was fortunate enough to get a Dex 30% gym gains book which I will save till my Dex is capped.
I’d recommend doing Three stats at the moment and then train your fourth one when you get the Happiness book so your happiness can remain at 99k and then you can happy jump non-stop. Like I said the configurations are however you choose to do it.
In the end, this is your choice and I would seek with the elders in your faction on their opinion as well. Wish ya best of luck !
I've been wondering about something similar to this, and I hadn't thought about this specifically. Thanks!
You can look up a gym guide and depending on your stat focus, see you can skip gyms along the way; just a few on the long journey.
It says gyms are unlocked by energy use. I heard focusing on one stat helps unlock gyms faster. Is this true?
If so, in long haul it would get you better gains in last gym, faster, although weak in those stats getting there. About running the marathon.
They say..
It says gyms are unlocked by energy use. I heard focusing on one stat helps unlock gyms faster. Is this true?
If so, in long haul it would get you better gains in last gym, faster, although weak in those stats getting there. About running the marathon.
They say..
This is my current plan too. Happy Jump when I reach a gym that I think will allow me to be able to fully
take advantage of happy jumps as it's very costly for me.
But I keep a standard ratio that will allow me to not compromise "Fair Fight" multipliers.
I'm basically still whoring a single stat though.
Not saying it's optimal but that's the way I want to play it.
Good Luck!
EDIT in response to your question:
Unless you want to be a glass cannon hitter, I suggest balancing a stat.
Since you are focusing on an Offensive Stat (STR), you will require having SPD sooner or later.
take advantage of happy jumps as it's very costly for me.
But I keep a standard ratio that will allow me to not compromise "Fair Fight" multipliers.
I'm basically still whoring a single stat though.
Not saying it's optimal but that's the way I want to play it.
Good Luck!
EDIT in response to your question:
Unless you want to be a glass cannon hitter, I suggest balancing a stat.
Since you are focusing on an Offensive Stat (STR), you will require having SPD sooner or later.