Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

George Floyd.

Started by IamMoon [2386105] on in Politics & Law.

62 replies · 474 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 63 / 63 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
63
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

IamMoon [2386105]
Let me put this out there. I know the movement is because of police brutality. The system is corrupt, harsh, and racist. Yes, no system is perfect. The police have been harming people uncessantly and without reason or decades.

But burning down communities? Setting fire to Target? Looting?

I have had several cousins shot by police, yet no one sees Moon out there protesting. One died in police custody. Not in a hospital. Not on the street. In the back of a cruiser. Life happens.

Lots of other threads lile this have been shot down. But let me put my two cents out there...

George Floyd was a known criminal. He robbed, cheated, stole. He was a man, prone to these things. But because the police were dealing with a known violent criminal, they automatically had to use extra force.

Mr Floyd was also killed in the middle of chaos. The situation was uncertain, and the cop stressed. If I had a gun, with a known criminal, and I was under pressure, I am not sure the criminal would be alive after the incident either. The officer also pled it was an accident. If we, and I use if very lightly here, believe him, then Floyd may be standing trial for crimes anyways.

What these rioters here are doing, is using an excuse. Acting immaturely, like children, they use whatever sorry excuse to do whatever they want. Blocking innocent people on their way somewhere. Children, and incredibly ignorant people. They aren't following quarantine procedures while protesting, are they?

I am not justifying the police for their actions. I am not discrediting the reason behind the protests. I am, however, discrediting the actions taken by this moment. And if any of these really intelligent protesters get in my way on the road, or damage my vehicle, I am a liscensed carrier and will not stop. As one of my more offensive friends jokes around... "SPEEDBUMP!!!"
IamMoon [2386105]
READY FOR MY DOWNVOTES FOR BEING A (somewhat)REASONABLE HUMAN BEING!!

Good night to all you folks.
Collete [1389080]
This part confuses me ?

Mr Floyd was also shot in the middle of chaos. The situation was uncertain, and the cop stressed. If I had a gun, with a known criminal, and I was under pressure, I am not sure the criminal would be alive after the incident either. The officer also pled it was an accident. If we, and I use if very lightly here, believe him, then Floyd may be standing trial for crimes anyways.
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]
As far as I know, there is missing video between the time he was escorted to the vehicle and the time he was pinned to the ground did he incite the action that brought that horrible end? Mind you, I have no doubt that George Floyd was murdered, but why?
Bhappychap [2270497]
What's funny is no one is supporting the rioters.

Protesting cool. Even more so if you're genuine.

Rioters, not cool.not genuine.and using a situation for personal gain.

Police shooting people because they think protesting is rioting...not cool.

People thinking all protesting is rioting...not cool.
Saffy [515472]
"I am a liscensed carrier and will not stop. As one of my more offensive friends jokes around... "SPEEDBUMP!!!"

Yes, totally reasonable human being.
Ahab [1735214]
Mr Floyd was also shot in the middle of chaos. The situation was uncertain, and the cop stressed. If I had a gun, with a known criminal, and I was under pressure, I am not sure the criminal would be alive after the incident either. The officer also pled it was an accident.

Kneeling on someones neck is a weird way to shoot someone and accident what even is this op.

[image: i.imgur.com]
Thinks that is how you shoot someone
Lampsarecool24 [2093221]
They're fighting violence with more violence. Be the better person and prove to the corrupt policemen why brutality isn't the way to go, not damage property and set fires so the police have more of a reason to fight back.
Limpd [789073]
We saw who killed the retired cop when they broke into the pawn shop ,all 8 suspects looked like thugs Martin Luther said you need to get angry to protest or something like that people are using his line
IamMoon [2386105]
Sorry mates, was confusing the situation with another. Yes, Floyd was killed kneeling upon. Sorry for the confusion.
Deadly [1985253]
They automatically had to use force? Sounds like someone who knows little about the law. Your point would’ve been understandable if the 911 call was for armed robbery or something but it was over a fake $20 bill. Also more importantly, the man was in cuffs when he was killed by Chauvin.


So any protestors get in the way and you’d run them over? That doesn’t like a decent human being that sounds like a murderer.
IamMoon [2386105]
But damaging my property or jaywalking are crimes in itself. Jaywalking, only a fine. And simply walking in the street holding signs, ok. Fine. You will cause me a detour, but that is fine. That is Moon-approved protesting.

Destruction of property, however, is a crime that can be solved legally by exiting the situation forcefully or defending yourself. And its not because they are rioting or protesting that I would hit them with my car, or draw on them. It is the fact that they are rioting and hurting innocent people for what I deem an inappropriate reason.

The military have this problem constantly, which is why they use rods of metal to attack military bases. Not missiles if civilians are in range. They shoot rods of metal from an orbital sattelite, which fall and hit the ground at immense speeds, which devastate the land and buildings. But they do not cause fallout or burn down communities.

And these rioters are burning down communities. They will get no mercy from me.