Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat box bug

Started by AlphabetSoupx [2179131] on in Bugs & Issues.

14 replies · 162 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

AlphabetSoupx [2179131]
So my so say oldest to chat boxes next to the trade chat are bugged... if I click them to open it opens a split second then I lose all chat boxes. If I refresh it opens the chat I clicked. If I click to minimize it again I lose all again until refreshing.

Happens on android app, Chrome, Kiwi Browser...

I HAVE logged out, cleared Cache, signed in again and still the same...

http://imgur.com/a/vpGGgCD <<< so you can see what I mean.
Bennyh [157211] Officer Officer
Had the same happen to me this morning, lost all my chat windows until I refreshed.

Passing over.

Thanks!
someotheradmin [1748048] Tester
I tried to open close chats using your account, everything seems fine. What is your browser? Have you tried to reproduce this using other browsers?
Bennyh [157211] Officer Officer
After unintentionally seeing it this morning, I am now unable to replicate. Happened to me on IOS app
Smokey123 [248901] Helper
[image: gyazo.com]

Strangely, When logging in on desktop all of my active chats vanished until I went to another page.
I noticed it happened randomly on my mobile earlier.

Not sure if it is related to this bug in particular but didn't want to create a new thread.
kolorblind [2403932]
It happened to me too but I did some things and it stopped.
Find the player of the chat that is glitching out, and go to their profile and start a chat, should be blank
Close ("delete") that blank chat and start one again, should be fixed and the text should be back
DoinYaMom [1554256]
The bug doesn’t appear on the iOS App for me.


However on my Samsung Browser and Chrome browser (laptop) the issue occurs.
The latest chat you open seems to position itself right next to trade chat for some reason and opening and closing (separately) makes all chats disappear. I have to refresh to get the chats back
Ampheromine [2065865]
Confirming this has been happening to me as well on mobile and on PC.

Google Pixel phone, Android v 10, Google Chrome browser

Google Chrome browser on PCs

I can't replicate it manually, I don't know what triggers it.

Edit: After trying a couple of times, it seems triggered by minimizing chat boxes, but not all or just any; the one PM it consistently happened with was with Glassguy. I will keep it open for devs to check if need be.