Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Should I...

Started by SuP3R1WoN [2531975] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 153 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

SuP3R1WoN [2531975]
Enter the Education starter job to increase working stats now that I have the minimum intelligence stat to do so?Within a few days I may be inactive for 2 to three weeks.Currently I have a Company job that is more than generous with trains so that helps immensely making me more effective and preparing me for better job opportunities in the future.Also under consideration but unlikely is working in the Army starter job for better defensive stats or even less likely working in the Grocery starter job for energy drinks to either sell or use(Probably would do a combination of both).I'm worried that my current Education course I'm in will be completed and I'll be unable to start a new one while inactive.ALL opinions/advice/suggestions will be highly appreciated and respected.ThX in advance my limited time here has been very welcoming and makes me want to stay and explore the opportunities this great game offers.
Shooby [2510470]
You'd be much better off staying in a player owned company that offers trains unless you plan on going inactive for a period of time.

Check over the wiki and find one with the most beneficial job specials to the way you play the game.
SuP3R1WoN [2531975]
ThX currently I'm in a Flower Shop (5 or 6 * not sure offhand)mainly for the drug addiction special the trains are nice too.As stated earlier I will be inactive b4 the end of this month for 2 to 3 weeks perhaps even a month and regrettably this is unavoidable so the decision comes down to the three starter jobs mentioned and I'm leaning towards Education although I've never worked there and with no experience or job promotion s I'll gain less job point s.I'm somewhat satisfied with my battlestats and securing superior housing such as a fully upgraded PaLace quickly is my goal after that I can work in the Army job for defence stats or pursue a company job in a fitness company.
snowbeast [2173158] Moderator Official
I went inactive for 3 months with the education starter job. Came back with a nice boost.
Get to principle asap though
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
Talk with your boss if he is willing to have you be inactive to a max of 1 month.. That will hurt the company a fair bit though..

If not, I would recommend you joining your desired torn job now so that you can promote to a higher position by the time you go off your inactive period..

Do a self calculation with the potential gains (job points and work stats) from the start to the end of your inactive period to make a better decision which company is best for you..
Armitage_Shanks [1686392]
There are some merits and permanent perks to consider when thinking about the basic city jobs...

Army - Do 100 army spy reports (merit)

Medical - Steal 500 medical items (merit), Revive someone for 75 energy (perk)

Education - Gain 10% passive decrease in completion time for all future education courses (perk)

Law - Gain passive 10% increase in crime success (perk)
SuP3R1WoN [2531975]
Considering all starter jobs except Casino and Law which I don't meet the required stats yet the Medical job seems enticing too seeing it increases intelligence and gets you free meds.
Armitage_Shanks [1686392]
They all take time.

Personally I tried to get my INT high enough to get into the Education job, then used job points to boost my other work stats to be able to start the other basic jobs.

Different people will have different approaches, all comes down to personal preference...

The game's a marathon, not a sprint