any idea what the rng merit is??? going through my list of whats left and cant seem to figure it out?
RNG merit
Started by -RL-SixPackPud [1038317] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 17
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
Most-liked replies
RNG stands for random number generator, the merit is given randomly to random people
That number is your ID I seem to remember
it's RNG
Seems like not even Ched knows who's going to get it. Super RNG.
My merit husband has it...the envy...
You have either a [1/1,159,652] or [1/2,577,250] chance of getting the merit if it's based off of user IDs and RNG lol. The first number is the number of users, the second is the highest ID. And idfk how many people have the merit so I can't give a chance with that accounted for.
I am under the impression that it's given out once per hour to people active within a recent time period. Possibly within the last 24 hours, but the time period is only my guess. I heard it doesn't go to inactives. You don't have to be online to get it, 'cause some people see it when they log in.
Really Never Get
It’s nice
Moved to Q&A
I wonder if it draws numbers for players who already got it, or if it counts them out of the draw. Like as more people get it would you then be more likely to get it?
I would believe so given that they can't received the honor twice, but I guess if Ched felt really spiteful he could let it dud once in a while for shits and giggles
Only 1,315 have it according to YATA
Got it a few days back. Nice surprise!
my friend got it, I think she said it was her first badge or award, I told her it was a merit.
I got the RNG "award" today. I was active about an hour before midnight. When I opened Torn at 00:38 TCT, I had an award notification, supporting the idea that the RNG selects at midnight, but that you do not need to be online at the time.
I did not login afresh, only opened the page as per usual. To my knowledge, I did not do anything unusual in the time leading up to the award. I believe it is truly random.
Hope the RNG picks you soon too!
I did not login afresh, only opened the page as per usual. To my knowledge, I did not do anything unusual in the time leading up to the award. I believe it is truly random.
Hope the RNG picks you soon too!
i hate merits i cannot control to an extent