Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Buying trains

Started by Yu-huang [2533818] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 204 views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Depends.
First imo you need to ask what you wanna do in Torn. Don't just do things because most guides say so or most people do so.
If your goal is to be reviver and become reviver only, then yeah. Go ahead buy train.
If your goal is to be excellent in battlestat, then no not worth it even for a dime.
Indefatigable [2517458]
Bro, I don't know. After 35 days or so my stats were

Manual Labor: 159

Intelligence: 809

Endurance: 1,478

I was at a 6 star fitness center, mostly for the education benefit. The director would train in rotation but at 6 stars it was like every other day. Because of my low stats and my position my daily increase to work stats was minimal, I believe, although I cannot confirm. About then I discovered the benefit of doing the city job and realized at that rate I would never get into education. I went on the search to buy trains, which was frustrating but landed me something in about 2 days. My original goal was to get enough stats to fast track education but after a couple days and about 30 million dollars, my stats were good enough to get a job at a 10* hairstylist. So I decided to save myself 30 million or so and went to the hair salon. Took me another 7 weeks or so but with a free daily train at the hairstylist plus the daily bump to my work stats (which I got the maximum for because 100% efficiency I got the prereqs for education.

I still am not sure if I made the best decision regarding putting a hold on the purchasing of the trains, but it was more chill. Also buying trains can be very transnational and not very social which isn't a great time.

Now, 60 days later, my work stats are

Manual Labor 3,731

Intelligence: 4,598

Endurance: 5,172

I am doing education and will be done in 15 days or so. After which I feel I can get a job at a 9* or 10* SS, GS, or AA relatively easily if I want to make some coin.

Alternatively I may buy some trains to get my end and int up to the level I can fast track law so I can get crime bonus. But that is looking to be about 80-90 million or so. So not sure. Depends were my passive income is at that time.

Really it depends what you value. I really wanted that education job perk. No real reason. Just something I prioritized. I do thinik buying trains sufficient to get a good 9 or 10 star job would be worthwhile. Clothing store and hairstylist are good options that don't require lots of stats and I think usually give good trains on rotation.

This is a fun topic. Hit me up if you want to chat about it.
Overseer [2143302]
Buying trains can be worth it if you want to accelerate your gaining of a perk like Brain Surgeon or Principal. I wouldn't say it's worth it unless your aiming for those, but everyone has their goals. In a sweet shop, trains runs between 350-500k/train/day which adds up to 3.5-5m per day if your buying all 10. It's expensive, but if you've got the want and the money it will reduce your wait for a jib
DedeSiregar [2430598]
If it's Endurance you want, work in 10* clothing company or lingerie and use JP to gain 100 End daily. Ask for sales posotion to train your Int too. That is not including rotation train and from job position. There is absolutely no need to buy train unless to unlock revive option.

The amount of money you will need to train battle stat is a lot. You will need every penny you can get, to build you nw before you can start sustaining enough money to train intensively without making nw bleeding during train up.