53 replies · 1.23k views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
DedeSiregar[2430598]
· 18 likes · At least you know they just left. For all you know they probably got ill or bankrupt, or maybe passed away. You know what hurts more than being left out? Watching you and your once bestfriend grow apart. Knowing he …
Shooby[2510470]
· 14 likes · Rip Joei's (Jospeh's) account :c The most kind, delicate, caring soul. I remember him walking through my very first day on torn, showing me around the city, introducing me to new friends who would grow into family and factions mates …
DUDE[1028023]
· 2 likes · Friends? 0. Love of my life? B E R N Z Z I E
I'm not one to make threads. Never was. I did it once, back when I didn't know it was a bad idea. But I figured, because I'm genuinely curious about other people's story: Who is (or was) your Torn buddy?
We've all made friends here. Well, most of us anyway. But there's always that friend that you hold higher than the others. One that you actually felt like you could connect with, even if you never met them. You may have lost them somewhere along the line, or you may still be in contact with each other. But no matter when you part ways, you'll probably remember them for a while.
I'll share mine to get this started.
3 or 4 years ago, in the summer, I was randomly contacted by someone I never spoke to before. I didn't want to be rude, so I politely asked who they were. The response I got was" I was browsing through players". I figured I'd see where it went. Our first conversation went well. Our interests aligned closely. One conversation led to another, and I really felt like I was getting to know them. We talked every few days, and this continued on for another 2 years. We grew very close. We friended each other on Steam, despite the fact that this was the only game we both played. They were quite the artist, and I would receive pictures to their online artwork often. We shared real life stories, good ones, bad ones, and ones that had no point to them. And one day, in October of 2018, I received a message that she would be logging on less. I asked why, naturally, to which they responded with "family issues". Our conversations grew shorter, and less numerous. And in December of that same year, we talked for the last time. They logged off and I never heard from them again. Well, that broke my heart. But I dealt with it, and sent a message in the mail with goodbyes, and requesting they contact me if they logged on again. I checked periodically, and one fateful day, I saw that they had logged back on... a week ago. I missed it. I wouldn't have cared all that much, except I didn't get a message. It bothered me a bit, but not too the point where I got mad. Well, that was the last time they logged on. At the time of this post, the last action was 361 days ago.
And that's the story of my old Torn buddy. Feel free to share yours here too.
I have two. First is my spouse Raviie. We’ve been best friends for 3 years now! I met him when I went and guest chained somewhere. And I thought he was sooo strange xD then we reconnected a couple weeks later and became inseparable. He’s been there for a lot of things for me, and I for him. Truly has made my life better just having him in it. Hopefully after Covid is over, we can plan a rl meet up finally! :D
Second is Drizella. I commented on her doodles cuz they are the absolute cutest. I requested some art from her. We just started talking and we are now coming up on 2 years of also being best friends. She’s amazing and down to earth, and always makes me smile. We have sent gifts back and forth, and will one day meet up in RL so I’m stoked for that! (I have tons of friends who mean the world to me, but these two stand out the most).
The most kind, delicate, caring soul. I remember him walking through my very first day on torn, showing me around the city, introducing me to new friends who would grow into family and factions mates :') he managed to conjure up me some pocket change and a Donator Status to start embarking on my endeavors.
That boi really touched my heart. I miss you friend.
At least you know they just left. For all you know they probably got ill or bankrupt, or maybe passed away.
You know what hurts more than being left out? Watching you and your once bestfriend grow apart. Knowing he is probably the last person you wanna talk to and you are the last person he wants to talk about. Maybe it started from little arguments, then over time those arguments turn into big fights, then you both turns into permanent silent anger.
The thousands hours of talking with each other just no longer mean anything. The thousands stories you tell to each other become bitter sweet memories. The thousands of videos and pictures you share to each other become deleted.
They say online grieve and online friendship are not real. But the pain sure does feel real. The void when they are gone is as real as losing any relationship irl. Even worse than breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend. But you can't really talk about it with anyone. Because you know they only will tell you those are not real.
So you just what you can do. Visit their Torn page every now and then to see if they are ok. And wonder if they do the same to you.
I used to play another online browser game called ogame. We were in an alliance 40 strong and were all real life friends of friends. so it had a really good vibe on our forum etc etc. I joined torn with a couple of the people I met playing that game. I have been inactive and started playing again here a few times. One of my away times was literally 4-5 years.
My friend who played torn has now been away for 1.5k days and I would love to be able to get in touch with him again. I'm actively trying to get hold of him and due to the friends of friends in the first game. I may actually have a small chance of locating him eventually.
i have a selected few torn buddies who are still very close to me.
TornFalcon Samuel Jr Belange Alan79 BlindAssassin KingShmexy
there are a few more which i have not list down (sorry if you're reading this and it makes you sad :P) we've been friends for about 7 years now if i'm not mistaken. it all started when we joined a faction created by Alan79. We gave 100% into building it up and ended up becoming super close. It's one of those things that keep you playing the game knowing you have someone close to you even if they are far away and you have not met them in person. i can proudly say, they will have my back (no questions asked) on any situation.
Nice story. I’m relatively new so I don’t have much to offer for torn buddy but I play a lot of online chess and made a good friend from that. We talk less these days but it’s still nice to meet people from different parts of the world.
MojoMofo and MrsMojoMofo first two to come to mind. T-Rex was my original “buddy” in the game but the Mojos been with me through thick and thin. I’ve had the pleasure to know the Mojo personally for over 10 years now. Its also been a pleasure to know miro personally for over 7 years too. I’ll also always consider Vicarious, untoldterrors, corpse-juice, -Unik-, King_Miller05 and Rumple4skins some of my great friends I’ve met in torn.
People grow and change and become awkward about time spent not connecting, more so sometimes when it was a close connection that has gone hiatus.
Maybe buddy just didn't have the capacity when they logged in to deal with you and your goodbyes and the reunion that would have followed if they had reached out saying they were back.
Don't take it as an insult, just cherish the time you spent connected and wish good things for the person, perhaps your paths will cross again, perhaps not, either is okay. :)
I still remember a buddy from Xbox their last online was 6 years ago last year. We used to play a shitton of Halo and then out of the blue they disappeared not to be seen ever again. On torn tho I hate y'all
Never made too many friends on here, my faction mates are all amazing, but wouldnt really say i've become good friends with them all. Sure i'd do anything for them as would they but still learning more and more about them everyday!
Triplicant [2037705]
Trip is one of the very few people i've consistently messaged over my entire torn career!
Started in the same faction as him!, followed him to his own faction after the previous one was sold, slowly realized my goals were different than the factions and left but still kept in contact with him!
I doubt he thinks the same of me as i him but im glad to have him as a friend!
I have 2 Torn buddies, LordDankenstein (don’t know his ID) (used to be Thatdankbot) and Unique (don’t remember his ID) Me and Dank met when we were in NPC and we made friends there. Then we moved up to Global (got showered with gifts) and then we started messaging each other. Now we have a good old natter whenever he’s on. I made friends with Unique after I messaged him after a trade. That turned into a conversation and that blossomed into a great friendship. I tell him stuff I’ve read on the forums, and he tells me random stuff and jokes. These two are my best Torn buddies. I also have a blossoming friendship going on with Triplicant because he likes almost every single one of my posts. He also pms me to try and get me to do the Mr/Ms Torn thing. But I won’t. We also talk a lot on Global.
TL:DR: Make friends with traders, people who like your posts a lot, and people who you met on NPC.
I think anyone who knows me in game knows how I feel about Bernzsta.. Many thanks really go out to Bernna for pushing me, making me train, and being my support for majority of my Torn life. Without him I wouldn't even still be playing the game. #KICKEMALL
Now that things have changed and I've moved direction in game, I am fortunate enough to have a new little family and yes, someone I feel like is a sister to me, Miss J. We've bonded over some real shit storms in Torn and it's spilled over into being personal friends. I still think we're sisters from a different mother. Just wish we lived closer to actually hang out together. Here's to many more movie weekends!! Bosom Buddies!!! HYYYYAAAAAWWW!!!!
I do have a few from my previous faction that will always hold a dear spot to me seeing as I "grew up" with them. They'll forever be the brothers pulling on their sister's pig tails. Can't forget.. OG Stretch Crew, Person and my Boobalah (Zideract, I'll always love turtles) Much love to you, Jon..