Is there any real life gym lovers.i was wondering maybe someone would like to change they training routines food before/ after gym how many calories consuming. Basically information sharing about Gym :))
Gym Time
Started by Life_Coach [2539735] on in Health & Fitness.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
Hey man, I am into fitness...always had a knack for it never enrolled in a gym till now though was going to this year but covid took all that plan into the drain
Hi! It depends on what your goal is.
First year of training for me was to lose weight, so i did mostly cardio and some basic lifting.
I'd go to the gym about 5 days a week, for about an hour and a half a day.
Currently i'm focusing on gaining weight (the good way) and visit the gym 3-4 times a week.
I find it most effective to keep a days rest between every workout.
First year of training for me was to lose weight, so i did mostly cardio and some basic lifting.
I'd go to the gym about 5 days a week, for about an hour and a half a day.
Currently i'm focusing on gaining weight (the good way) and visit the gym 3-4 times a week.
I find it most effective to keep a days rest between every workout.
I workout/exercise 5-6 days a week about 30 minutes - 50 minutes.
Usually after work I will start and after I will cook COD fish with eggs and eat yogurt for breakfast.
I'll eat usually every night chicken w/ rice, mashed potatoes, veggies, and etc. I always eat chicken for a late night dinner w/ rice and whatever I have to add with it. So far loss 13lbs so at 209 now being 6'1.
Usually after work I will start and after I will cook COD fish with eggs and eat yogurt for breakfast.
I'll eat usually every night chicken w/ rice, mashed potatoes, veggies, and etc. I always eat chicken for a late night dinner w/ rice and whatever I have to add with it. So far loss 13lbs so at 209 now being 6'1.
I do weightlifting 5 days a week.
Started out just for fun because the husband wanted to but I've started to enjoy it a lot... especially the sled.
our current schedule i week 1: light weights but reps of 10x5. Week 2: Heavy weights with reps of 3x8. And then switch back to week one. We've done this for about 2 months and loving the consistency of it instead of our previous year of "so what do we feel like doing today"
We usually spend 1-2 hours in the gym but a lot of that time is usually spent setting up and the constant sanitising.
Currently I'm on a 5 day 2000kcal maximum intake with freedom to eat what I want during weekends (not going completely crazy ofc)
I'm still tweaking to find what works for me but what I'm currently testing is a breakfast of half a tin of baked beans, half a pack of turkey bacon and two soft boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner is rice, broccoli and chicken breast.
We'll see if my insides are screaming or if it turns out I can actually cope... food is usually the big issue for me.
Started out just for fun because the husband wanted to but I've started to enjoy it a lot... especially the sled.
our current schedule i week 1: light weights but reps of 10x5. Week 2: Heavy weights with reps of 3x8. And then switch back to week one. We've done this for about 2 months and loving the consistency of it instead of our previous year of "so what do we feel like doing today"
We usually spend 1-2 hours in the gym but a lot of that time is usually spent setting up and the constant sanitising.
Currently I'm on a 5 day 2000kcal maximum intake with freedom to eat what I want during weekends (not going completely crazy ofc)
I'm still tweaking to find what works for me but what I'm currently testing is a breakfast of half a tin of baked beans, half a pack of turkey bacon and two soft boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner is rice, broccoli and chicken breast.
We'll see if my insides are screaming or if it turns out I can actually cope... food is usually the big issue for me.
I always think of training in the gym in three parts, the first is to obviously train well, just turning up at the gym doesn't count, you need to put the hard work in and do some research into what might be best for you. The best thing I've learnt is form over weight, look to have good form when doing a movement rather than having heavy weight, good form will help you in the long run.
The second is Nutrition, generic food plans wont always work for you, your body and goals are specific to you so finding a diet plan that is generic isn't doing you any favors. Learn what you need i.e daily calories, protein intake, carb intake etc depending on your goals and your body!
Lastly Sleep! This is so fundamentally important, there's no point training hard and eating right if you aren't giving your body time to rest and recover and this is mostly done when sleeping, so getting into a good routine of sleeping well will help massively.
Do your own research, find what works best for you and work hard.
The second is Nutrition, generic food plans wont always work for you, your body and goals are specific to you so finding a diet plan that is generic isn't doing you any favors. Learn what you need i.e daily calories, protein intake, carb intake etc depending on your goals and your body!
Lastly Sleep! This is so fundamentally important, there's no point training hard and eating right if you aren't giving your body time to rest and recover and this is mostly done when sleeping, so getting into a good routine of sleeping well will help massively.
Do your own research, find what works best for you and work hard.
I have been training for almost 11 years, read books, tried several programs and diets. Some were better for me, some werent that great, some led to injury or other health related problems. What i am trying to say is that there is no best way to train, it all depends on your goals and your determination.
There are few tips i would also like to give to my friends who start training i might as well share here.
1. Dont believe fitness influencers - The easiest way to find out whether you are doing the excercise correctly is to look it up on youtube, but many influencers in their pusriut of relevance promise the best effect if you try doing the excercises their way. Usually those are clickbaits, Find channels or people that are reliable and not in it for money (my favourite source of information is Eric Helms and 3DMJ group)
2. There is no food that is harmful to you - actually flipping eating habbits you developed throughout the ears in a day might have some negative effects, i suggets doing all that in weekly steps, first week stop drinking sweet sodas, next week stop eating candy, next week prepare healthy dinner, then follow up from there. But dont starve yourself, make sure you have a cheat day where you reward yourself for all the work you have done preparing your meals.
3. Supplements - you dont need them, especially in the beggining. You ll see gaing even without those. It is easy to get carried away while browsing shops that offer pills that ll make you huge in just few weeks, those usually dont work. Simple yerba mate, coffe or a caffeine pill is enough to get you ready for your training session. Only recomendation i would give regarding supplements is Magnesium and Zinc, those are minerals many people have deficit ammount of and should be supplemented if order for your body to function better. If you REALLY want to buy some supplement products, make a research, do not just throw your money away. Examine.com is great source.
4. Concentrate on yourself - there ll be alot of people in the gym that have been doing this for longer than you, they ll be lifting heavy weights and make it look easy. Dont worry, you ll get there in time, but the worst thing you can do (and what i did when i was young and stupid) is to get injured trying to tackle weights you are not ready for using improper form.
5. Form - this is the thing I am focusing on the most, i am perfectionist when it comes to doing excercises properly. Make sure your squats, deadlifts and benchpress are spot on, those are kings of all excercises, and doing them correctly will later transform into other excercises.
As for me, only food i currently focus on is some fruit on breakfast, for lunch and dinner i have whatever beccause i dont concentrate on my weight rn. As for the gym, i am doing powerlifting routine 4 times a week, bench, squat and deadlift every training + 1 supplementing excercise, OHP, front squat or romanian deadlift, depending on how tired i am.
There are few tips i would also like to give to my friends who start training i might as well share here.
1. Dont believe fitness influencers - The easiest way to find out whether you are doing the excercise correctly is to look it up on youtube, but many influencers in their pusriut of relevance promise the best effect if you try doing the excercises their way. Usually those are clickbaits, Find channels or people that are reliable and not in it for money (my favourite source of information is Eric Helms and 3DMJ group)
2. There is no food that is harmful to you - actually flipping eating habbits you developed throughout the ears in a day might have some negative effects, i suggets doing all that in weekly steps, first week stop drinking sweet sodas, next week stop eating candy, next week prepare healthy dinner, then follow up from there. But dont starve yourself, make sure you have a cheat day where you reward yourself for all the work you have done preparing your meals.
3. Supplements - you dont need them, especially in the beggining. You ll see gaing even without those. It is easy to get carried away while browsing shops that offer pills that ll make you huge in just few weeks, those usually dont work. Simple yerba mate, coffe or a caffeine pill is enough to get you ready for your training session. Only recomendation i would give regarding supplements is Magnesium and Zinc, those are minerals many people have deficit ammount of and should be supplemented if order for your body to function better. If you REALLY want to buy some supplement products, make a research, do not just throw your money away. Examine.com is great source.
4. Concentrate on yourself - there ll be alot of people in the gym that have been doing this for longer than you, they ll be lifting heavy weights and make it look easy. Dont worry, you ll get there in time, but the worst thing you can do (and what i did when i was young and stupid) is to get injured trying to tackle weights you are not ready for using improper form.
5. Form - this is the thing I am focusing on the most, i am perfectionist when it comes to doing excercises properly. Make sure your squats, deadlifts and benchpress are spot on, those are kings of all excercises, and doing them correctly will later transform into other excercises.
As for me, only food i currently focus on is some fruit on breakfast, for lunch and dinner i have whatever beccause i dont concentrate on my weight rn. As for the gym, i am doing powerlifting routine 4 times a week, bench, squat and deadlift every training + 1 supplementing excercise, OHP, front squat or romanian deadlift, depending on how tired i am.
I dont consider it training, to me its a lifestyle, a routine.
I dont go to the gym i work out at home twice a week for 2 hours at a time (upper body) and climb a small mountian every sunday (lower body).
Also i do all this in the morning start time 3am (i realise that maybe im crazy for doing this).
Still i think you have to enjoy it to keep at it.
I dont go to the gym i work out at home twice a week for 2 hours at a time (upper body) and climb a small mountian every sunday (lower body).
Also i do all this in the morning start time 3am (i realise that maybe im crazy for doing this).
Still i think you have to enjoy it to keep at it.