Been thinking hard on this but finally gave in. Ive decided to become a trader but first wanna know everything i need to setup and some tips also
Thanks
I've given it a couple of tries but it's been tough because you can't fly much. I know you need a price sheet to get started. I'm interested in hearing the advice you get as well
Mentions:
A Trader's Guide to $1,000,000,000
thanks.
-Make a trade spreadsheet and keep it up to date.
-make a trade thread and keep it updated so it stays at the top of the trade thresds.. be sure to follow up each trade you make, with a personal message to your customer, thanking them, and asking them to upvote/comment on your thread. A highly upvoted trade thread is a way for potential customers to easily see that your trustworthy, and will drive business your way. Same goes for a high friends/enemy ratio, so ask them to add you as a friend as well. ALSO, right after making the thread, comment on it as many times as you can until the first page is full... Oran was the first person to comment on my trade thread, and his name/forum banner saying he was a trader, were always on the 1st page of my trade thread, and it made me mad as hell lol
-have someone make you some cool graphics to use as a forum sig to use as advertisement. Once you have a cool forum sig (and profile sig as well is good), be sure to become a regular in the forums, so your name and sig are seen as much/often as possible by new potential employees.
-post in trade chat often... but dont post nonstop, using some message that takes up the entire screen. Something short, to the point, with a clickable link to your trade thread or spreadsheet is all you need
-be active... activity is key. The more active and responsive you are, the more sales you'll make
-Be honest. I've found this goes a long way above all else. If your honest, fair, and you work with people's needs, they're likely to come back to you again and again.
-Be helpful.. a LOT of your customers will be new players. They will ask for advice on all sorts of things, and even though it's not your job to do so.. being as helpful with any/all problems they have will be good for customer retention
-Above all else, protect yourself and your money. ALWAYS trade from the hosp. Whether your buying items via trade, or selling items in your bazaar.. if you expect to have money on hand at some point, put yourself in the hosp.
-If you have any other traders in your fac, try working together. You can spot each other cash as needed, and drive business each others way, in case your offline, or something along those lines. Theres been plenty of times I've had to send customers to a friend for one reason or another.
Hopefully some of this advice is helpful to ya!
From my experience as a customer...
-offer good prices
-be available
-ensure good access to funds
-get your name out there
-don't change prices after someone sets a trade
Price was a deciding factor for me when choosing a trader, but sometimes I had to go to second or third choice as they were flying, didn't have cash available or had limited trading times.
Be active, forums was the first place I looked, but anywhere you can get your name out will help.
If you have a cashed up friend you can borrow cash from while in the hospital trading, you will have a big advantage. You can do it all yourself but will likely be a juggling act.
Most importantly, if someone sets a trade with you based off prices on your pricesheet, DO NOT change your pricesheet before doing the trade. Happened to me a couple of times, never looked at anything to do with those traders again. Sometimes it is worth taking a small hit, losing a small amount (under 500k in my case) is better than losing customers that you can make many millions with
thank you
Don't be a trader. Be a flipper. Easy, fast, less people you need to talk to, and good money
whats a flipper?
Buying cheap on item market, selling less cheap in bazaar
buying items en masse in the market or from someone you know then sell it higher
i don't know but i went broke, so i guess i should get reviving before i start again
You only need to do 2 things to be at the top of the trading game:
1) Download Ucanteneke's auto-script
2) Don't join Iribuyu's faction because he's a bitch and will get you fedded.
P.S. Step 1 will probably get you fedded anyways, but that doesn't negate the point I made in step 2 - Iribuya is definitely a bitch.
yh u gotta have the time for it
hahaha. yh he was very fast
I got offer 250k / revive. Trust me, revive is not as good as what noobs think.
Being trader sux. I sometimes wanna pluck the eyeballs of some customers. Hitting on me n waste my time gor hours then bargain for $2k. Imo flipper is easiest. I still trade. People I bought from then start offering me to trade their stuffs directly.
However I really suggest you hang out in item market for a full week before you do this. You then see people pattern based on daily, hourly, and weekly
yh we joined torn too late. when i started reviving was still popular. 1m per revive and getting a free revive was RNGesus. but now its normal to get free revives
thanks for the tip :)
Price gets customers, attitude keeps them.
I stuck with iribuya as my go to trader for a long time when I started, simply because he was more likeable than others I worked with. He'd lend advice to a noob and even helped me keep money safe doing one of my first 100 day PI rentals.