Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

mission failed

Started by Alascato [2323855] on in Bugs & Issues.

13 replies · 135 views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
8
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Right now this trigger is checking any kind of equipped items, I will assign to Joe to check if this should be changed.
dance [1942592] Committee Committee
It also says 'Non-dmg temps do not count as weapons, and can be carried (and used).'

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't think that Pepper Spray did damage. Unless the mission considers the effect (reducing their Dexterity) as damage?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
That's a hint from a player made script. You need to ask the creator of the script to address that issue.
Vladar [1996140]
To be fair, temporary weapons like pepper spray didn’t used to count as they don’t do damage. Or at least on similar missions they didn’t used to.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Flash/Pepper work for the missions that say "Using Rifle only" or such, afaik.
TaserTag [2536719]
I debate this. In the Hard Contract "Standard Routine", defeating the target with fists, clubbing weapons or kicks while using other weapons to reduce the health of the target does not automatically fail the contract for you. I would make it consistient across the board such that you don't fail contracts if you use a wrong weapon, allowing you to gauge how strong the target is first before going for the contract. Although there is a counter-argument that you can test your hits on the target first before accepting the contract, this is an invalid argument as not all contracts show you the names of your targets until you accept them. I am open to further discussions, if possible.
Alascato [2323855]
yh normally their names are in the description b4 u accept them. It also didnt tell me to pass on first attack. I failed the mission immediately on my first attack and mostly u do not fail even if u do the wrong thing
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I don't know if there's perhaps any simple way to avoid non-damaging weapons from triggering the failure. Perhaps if items have 0 damage and 0 armor then it can be allowed.
Alascato [2323855]
secondly it didn't tell me to finish on my first attempt. So i failed immediately after my first attack and that should not have happend. Since for other missions u can get it wrong and still do it the right the second time
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
I actually checked the log again - temp was not the casue in this case, attacker had a full set of combat armour equipped. A change to not count special temps is now there.