Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Food?

Started by KatieFromKFC [2583414] on in Suggestions.

8 replies · 56 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
KatieFromKFC [2583414]
Okay hear me out. There was a joke thread awhile back about adding a KFC to torn, but that thread made me think of something. Food items. What I am suggesting is a hunger bar, with different items that you eat to keep in check. There could be penalties for being to glutinous or malnourished, such as decreased gym gains. On the other side of that, there could be benefits to having a level hunger bar, such as increased gym gains. There could be different food items worth different amounts of hunger to make them have different values, on top of that, some food items could increase other things, such as nerve or happiness, to make them even better than other items.

This is probably stupid but it's something I just thought of. Please agree, disagree, or leave comments suggesting improvements to the idea in the forum below.
Mephiles [2087524]
There was a suggestion for hunger bar. I'm on mobile rn not gon try look it up.

If I remember it didn't get anywhere as this doesn't fit in the eco system of Torn. Torn is a game where you don't have to do much if you don't have time. To force a hunger bar, would change things for the worse because you'd have to keep an eye on it all the time.
KatieFromKFC [2583414]
That definitely makes sense, and I understand that perspective, but if it effected something like gym gains that wouldn't hurt people who can't play all the time because when they do play they'd be able to get food and they wouldn't be training when they are offline. I do see how it would be inconvenient but I feel it could be convenient at the same time. If it is something as easy as eating people would have food in their items so it would be just as easy as taking a drug or using an item. I'm sure if it was an idea in the past and wasn't implemented there was a reason, but I also feel like they could do it in a way to avoid issues like that as well.
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
"Food" as an item isn't in torn besides a few exceptions (candy&e-drinks), BUT if it makes you feel better, there's a few specials that count as meals, all of which give you energy. The companies Pub and Restaurant have the 'Pub lunch' and 'Free meals' specials respectively, which give 3E/JP each. There's also the MCS stock BB, that gives you occasional meals (300E every week on average).

It really isn't possible to add food or meals as items without replacing e-drinks or candy (unless you make them give both energy and happy, but then you're making e-drinks and candy obsolete). Also, you mentioned having food affect gym gains, just so you know happiness affects gym gains, so there's really no reason to add another factor that's literally the same as happiness.
Fishbum [2009144]
To quote you "I do see how it would be inconvenient but I feel it could be convenient at the same time". Great, it's meaningless then. You didn't say what amazing thing it adds to the game. Should we add bathroom rest requirements as well?
KatieFromKFC [2583414]
When I was talking about making food affect gym gains I didn't mean in the same way as happiness does, ie: starved people have 5% less gym gains etc. You do have good points though.
KatieFromKFC [2583414]
That's not how I was trying to say that. I was trying to say it could be inconvenient to some, but more convenient to other, and to be fair, If you are a person that I was talking about in that situation that only checks in on torn and does a few things it wouldn't be that hard to do. I'm not saying that it wouldn't add anything to the game, I am saying it wouldn't hurt people who are in the situation I was describing. As for the bathroom requirements, I know it's sarcasm but that could realistically work as well, the only problem with that is I personally don't think that would add anything where I think this would be different. How would adding bathroom breaks effect any stats or anything, with food there is way more possibilities because in real life food would have similar effects. I guess if bathrooms were added they could make it so if you don't go to the bathroom you get a Uremia but and have that negatively affect stats or something but that is a bit more of a stretch than food, and food makes a lot more sense, in my opinion. The only reason I say all this is because I personally believe the comparison is apples to oranges.
Fishbum [2009144]
I don't think I'd be able to fight effectively if I had to pee. And yes, it was sarcasm.

If different foods added different effects, it could be interesting. Would it be too much like drugs? Would there be an obvious winner to min/max with? I don't know. It's an interesting concept and I'd be interested to see how it would work.