Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bluetooth earbuds.

Started by Judge_Doom [2140277] on in Music.

2 replies · 15 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
7 / 100
Story score
20 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
Judge_Doom [2140277]
I'm looking to get a new bluetooth in-ear headset. I am needing it to at least support aptX but I'd like for it to support LDAC.
Sony WI-1000XM2 are the best options I've found so far. But I'm not a fan of the behind the neck band.

Any suggestions?
temirurban [2583342]
Hi. I'm not audiophile, and expert. But I have some experience. I'm afraid of noname brands. But my list contains some of it.

True wireless
If you need extra great audio quality, but expensive ~ US$250
- Sony WF-1000XM3 ??
- Sennheiser Momentum

good audio quality, less expensive
- Sony WF-XB700
- Apple Airpods 2nd gen and newer (good for "blind buy")

acceptable audio quality, cheap
- Xiaomi Airdots Pro

"Wireless" with soft flexible neck cable
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2, really nice, affordable
- Sony WI-XB400 acceptable audio quality, but I hate that bass.
Judge_Doom [2140277]
I've looked at the WF-1000XM3 a little. Only drawback is they only support SBC and AAC. I'm highly considering the Senneiser Momentum true wireless 2s. Biggest reason I want the LDAC codec is because my music is stored on a Walkman NW-105 and all the files are FLAC. I'd like to take full advantage of the 990 kbps at 24 bit/96 kHz capabilities. And it'll scale down to 330 or 660kbps if your connection is weak.


When it comes to corded headphones Sennheiser are my go-to. They're perfect for the music I listen to. The bass is not overwhelming and muddy. And the highs and mids are crystal clear and responsive. Beats and Skullcandy I'm not a fan of at all. They're way to bass heavy and hollow sounding for me.

I wish Klipsch made nicer headphones. I'm a big fan of their home theater speakers and 2.1 computer speakers.