Ever since Friday's down time there has been a
thread up.
It started when I went to go post in it about my down time experience. When I come along a post made by
__Badgerzilla [2515742] about how he beat his wife.
Having grown up around that myself. I hold very strong feelings towards women beaters. So, in doing so I down voted his post. Checking back on my other post I've made that same day. I seen they all had 1 single down vote each. While I expect that to happen I found it just odd. So I went n checked who did it. Having seen it was him. I decided to call him out on it in the forums. It wasn't my intention to to derail that thread. But, I just couldn't sit by and let his post go unanswered.
Obviously I don't have to show anyone anything he has said in that thread. But, I also put 10x 500k bounties on him n paid for another 20x 500k bounties on him. What I wasn't expecting was a PM from calling me the "N" word (another thing I can't stand for). And also msg both ppl I used to bounty him calling them both the same thing. So, I blocked n reported that crap. So I guess he thinks he can just go around TORN posting racist comments.
So with that said what's your thoughts on racism in TORN. Should the penalty be higher than a normal warning?
Mentions:
__Badgerzilla [2515742]
· What you all did during Torn downtime
Ehhh I'm generally against permaban on 1st offense unless it's an RL crime, but for racism would prefer a really harsh sentence followed by a permaban if they continued. I've seen a lot of people with very repeated racism in Torn sadly. Am bountying one now, but he's also sexist so I went with the going to bounty him until he makes a thread explaining why men and women are equal.
I figure asking him to explain why all humans are equal might just be a little too hard, baby steps.
Racism is real.
I had ppl made fun of my english few times before and that's why I don't chat much esp to strangers.
I do think you give the fool too much credit. Should just report all his stupid comments, use doctorn to hide his comment and go back enjoying the forum
I'd agree with that one, they're on their way out regardless with what I've seen. Just report and move on with that wanker.
Also, your English seems good to me. Don't let people that can probably barely speak 1 language get to you.
I'm not sure I understand your poll, are sending racist messages/posting racist threads not already automatic forum/messaging bans once staff have gone through the report? I'd find it hard to believe that staff would go through multiple reports of someone slinging the n word around and just give a warning. Or do you mean that instead of censoring the words you think that people should be allowed to try use them and instantly banned for the attempt?
Yeah that's kinda what is happening here TBH. Which is y I linked that other thread so ppl can go check it out. Only reason I think any racist comments should have a higher punish rate is TORN is a multicultural game. And while it's only a game and online that shit can have a real world effect on ppl. Considering he was already warned about using that word in the forums n his total disregard to that warning. I think he should get banned. He shown he doesn't care about TORN.
He has yet to be forum banned go look at the thread I linked. Several of his post has been staff corrected for discriminatory comments.
Badgerzilla is an idiot. He got his old account banned by trying to sell it in global chat
Now in this one he gets kicked from every faction he joins, he basically leeches meds and jumps into a different faction right before chain.
I decided
__Badgerzilla [2515742] is a dick when he posted a smiley in 787thWardog RIP thread..just saying
Mentions:
__Badgerzilla [2515742]
That guy is a waste of space, will end up banned soon enough :)
Yup, between his other comments and that it's insane that he's not already permafedded tbh. He's clearly not here to play the game.
He’s a troll and will come back in some other form eventually, posting a smiley in 787WD RIP thread shows what we’re dealing with.
To be honest the entire situation seems childish as hell to me, I personally wouldn’t take it on - someone can call me whatever they want lol but I wouldn’t make a thread about it - Just report and let staff deal with however they do?
There are rules in place for ANY discrimination and means to report it, so I'll ask you this then:
Why do you feel the need to publicly share this in the first place?
Secondly, are you more special than others with this issue, or are you just jumping a recent media hyped bandwagon?
787thWardog was a great dude. I meet him once 2 yrs ago during the elimination event. It's sad ppl like this fool has no shame in what he says. N yeah I don't think he is here but to a bitch. Which makes me wonder y he even bothers. But, sadly ppl like him are attention seeking assholes. N while I Know I'm giving him what he wants (obviously) I also think it's worth the discussion about his behavior n actions. I understand TORN has their rules for a reason n it's their system i just happened to think certain comments should be treated hasher than others. I have the screenshots where he flat out used the "N" word in the general thread n the PM he sent me. So, that's twice alone he used that word. Then to top it off he msg the ppl I bought bounty slots from n said the same thing. So that's 4 times he used that word. But yet no ban!! That is what bothering me. How much rope must be given before staff just permanently ban him?
I don't see a post about him beating his wife, nor proof that he called you the "n word" in a DM. I don't know either of you and I am not going to trust you based off a thread.
As others have said, report the chat and let Bogie deal with him.
The guy's posts got edited for discrimination in the aforementioned thread.
His words have as much power as you choose to give them so its a hard no on the auto ban.
Not that I don't have empathy I just want you stronger than someone who can be toppled by words said to sink you.
Morons are going to moron my man, don't let them get to you as that is doing most of the work for them. ;)
Guys a dickhead anyway. One and only time I had contact with hi was boight from his bazaar.
Got nothing but abuse because I never bought everything then he blocked me and added to enemy list.
He seems to be lacking the required intellect to interact with adults.
No I'm not! I'm 100% against any form of racism!! I was raised as such. But I do have a personal issue with what ppl say. While I respect others right to have their opinions (despite if I agree with them or not). I don't think it should be tolerated. Not just in RL but also in any game. I shared this cuz I honestly think it's worth having a civil discussion on it. Cuz let's be honest this shit does have real world impacts. N to be dismissive of it won't end the hate. I have personally dealt with discrimination myself. So, yeah maybe it's a personal thing but I Know it's a worth while conversation to have. Remember what is done in the dark shall be brought to the light.